German scout assests...

Seems like German scouts are really pathetic...

50mm puma abandoned by a .050 cal shot from 300m ?

They seems to abandon and run as soon as anything comes in sight..

They allied couterparts seem to be keen on driving into any danger until something really big hits them on the head..

Why such difference ??

What is a good German scout that you guys use ?

I always thought that Puma was a very capable little thing from the reading i did.. in this game, might as well buy a kubelwagen.. they get out just as fast..

Suugestions ?

.50 cals rape any german light armour unit from pretty long range. I've just had 2 20mm assault hts abandon from .50 fire... 1 at 400m 1 at 600m. Both vets. The jerries really need(needed) a scout unit with min 20mm armour to ward off those .50 cals. I suppose the lynx would be ideal with its 20mm gun but it comes under armour.

the reason they seem pathetic i cos the 50cal was a nightmare. it can tear thru wooden building and 20mm of armour. a testament to their greatness is that they are still used today. ive watched a modern variant go thru a brick house wall in under a minute.....very cool

jerry scouts are useful but not against this little pup

BM

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1944

Guest Michael emrys

If it's any consolation, I was playing the Americans yesterday and one of my halftracks got into a shootout with a 234/1. The halftrack was in motion and opened fire first, doing no damage. the AC crew, crack SS, held tough and returned fire and brewed the halftrack. The range was somewhere around 500-600 meters, which would have given the 20mm an edge, I think.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>50mm puma abandoned by a .050 cal shot from 300m ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why the .50 is still in full production today,and the Puma is not.

The jerries really need(needed) a scout unit with min 20mm armour to ward off those .50 cals

FWIW, most of the German ACs including Puma had 30mm frontal armor.

Veteran crews are less likely to abandon in a marginal threat situation, and a good investment IMO when ACs are required.