About to receive CM in the mail...

When I get it, is there a patch I should get? Wasn't there one just released?

Also, are there any really good mods that I should get before I start playing? If so, a link would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Azuth:

Also, are there any really good mods that I should get before I start playing? If so, a link would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any replies!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are aCMilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Azuth:

Thanks in advance for any replies!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are aCMilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

What people are saying is, download the 1.0.5 Combat Mission application, and the 1.1B application. (I think Combat Mission.exe for PC types). Put both of them in the CM folder, giving them different names. Sometimes, you will play PBEM games in one version but not the other.

Both updaters can be downloaded from CM HQ.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Madmatt

You dont need to give the two versions different names. They already HAVE different names.

Combat Mission.exe

Combat Mission Public Beta.exe

Madmatt

Guest Mikey D

Don't think of this as a 'normal' game. There are free game upgrades up to 1.1 (if you want to brave the beta version). And free downloadable terrain patches, and vehicle patches, and character face patches, and building patches, etc. AND if you don't like any of them, crack open the art files and fix 'em up to your own tastes!

Can you do this with 'DOOM'? I don't think so.

Another suggestion:

Assuming you already have the Demo, keep it, even after installing the full version! (Unless you really need that HDD space for soemthing else.)

Sometimes you bump into fellow gamers that still don't have the full version, then you can PBEM them with the demo. smile.gif (I've done it a couple of times, and I also keep the old beta demo, just for fun.)

Cheers

Olle