Sunday news update on my CM web page!

Guest Rob/1

Rob, I see you still can't spell. Son, I suggest you really get back into school or something. Good spelling really goes a long way in showing credibility. If I were a corporate head and I saw your webpage, I'd be like, "Who's this poor idiot?"

Web editors have spell checks. Use them.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 09-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 09-10-2000).]

I know I'm not web expert but perhaps you should seriously considering learning some HTML and organizing your downloads better. Nothing on that page makes sense to me. I know my page probably isn't much better but at least it's legible.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Rob...I have to agree with OGSF....the colours of your page background and text make it very difficult to read whats on your site. You might look into changing them.

I have no problems with your spelling...there are some things that i'm not very good at too. Anyway, thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

I dunno. Cut him some slack for christ's sake. It's not like your dick is going to fall off because he mis-spelled something.

When I first started making webpages they weren't very good but I learned and got better. Keep up the learning process Rob.

-johnS

Agrrreeeed Tiger, but the only point i'm trying to get across is that the first page is almost impossible to read, which defeats the whole object of everything he his trying do. Rob obviously thinks that this is a good colour scheme otherwise he wouldn't have used it. If he wants people to visit his site then he will, IMO, have to change it.

Damn guys cut him a break, here is a guy who made a CM page for everyone, posts his updates regurly & gets slammed over spelling, for his efforts. I can see some mellow constructive comments, and such.

I seem to recall when he left that he said he would still post updates here as well...

Regards, John Waters

------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 09-10-2000).]

If it was a proffessional business page or something I would agree.

No way I'm going to slam someones hobby page, there's far worse designs than this one. Take those with 100 different type sets and rainbow tiled backgrounds for instance smile.gif

Great job on the site Rob btw.

A small change however would include a light or dark background with black or white text though, it's a little hard to read.

Marcus

If you run a CM website or make a CM MOD, then you should be able to take the flak as well as the praise. For instance, if Maximus or Tiger get some feedback on how they could improve the camo on their tanks then hopefully they would listen and if they had the time and it was what they wanted to do then it could be implemented.

There's nothing wrong with "constructive" criticism in my book.

You are correct Manx but "who's this idiot" might be overdoing the constructive criticism. No employer takes a hobby page seriously anyway.

As long as you don't end up as an example on www.webpagesthatsuck.com it's ok smile.gif.

(btw I really recommend those seriously interested in design to visit that page, also read Jacob Nielsens guidelines for a good web GUI).

Marcus

I see the proublem the update isnot showing yet frown.gif Well thats what you get for using geocities I gess.

Rob smile.gif

And I do like any comments about my web page I'll work on the spelling just to make Maximus's day.

And to the person who said I left then came back I said in my message that I would post updates and help out new guys.

------------------

Check out my CM web page!

www.geocities.com/robisme_ca/Combat1.html

Cut the crap and get back to Combat Mission!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 09-10-2000).]

When did i write "who's this idiot"???. If you read my first post in this topic you will see that i was only trying to offer my advice (not that that is of much use anyway) and i certainly wasn't trying to cause him any offence. Quite the opposite in fact.

Edited due to spelling mistake smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 09-10-2000).]

Guest Gunslinger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Rob, I see you still can't spell. Son, I suggest you really get back into school or something. Good spelling really goes a long way in showing credibility. If I were a corporate head and I saw your webpage, I'd be like, "Who's this poor idiot?"

Web editors have spell checks. Use them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maximus, normally I wouldn't jump in here, but are you just a bitter person that has to rag on everyone else to shadow your incompetance?

I tell you what. Maybe you can spell good, but your general attitude towards others smells like ****.

Work on your attitude and maybe Rob will work on his spelling.

Fair trade?

Didn't think so, "son"

------------------

**GUNSLINGER**

liltechware.jpg

http://techware.gtinsider.com

[This message has been edited by Gunslinger (edited 09-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marcusm:

Btw so far I've only seen one CM page with good design, that's the Combatmissions page. Unfortunatelly it seems to be on limbo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Thanks! frown.gif

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

All CM websites I saw are great, simply because they offer added value for the best wargame around, and that all for free!

They have different styles, sure, but they all add to CM.

So thanks to Rob/1, Madmatt, Moon, Col. Klotz (sp?), Manx and all others for your efforts.

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission