Why no victory flags during operation setup???

BTS,

Wasn't sure where to post this so it ended up here.

I'm sitting here in setup mode of an operation right now. Can't see any victory flags. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Also, if I'm remembering correctly the first turn I plotted in operation last night (it was late maybe I was half asleep) I couldn't see the victory flags durning turn 1 plot either?

How am I supposed to know where the victory flags are in the operation???

Mikester out.

PS: Tried looking in the manual under Operation and Victory / Victory Flag. Didn't seem to see any explanation for the above

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-20-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Mikester...

I was under the impression that operations will not be gauged by Victory Locations/Flags... And that is actually one of the exciting things to me. It means that YOU decide what is an important objective to take, as it serves to advance your goals in the op.

I might be wrong here, but thats what I recall being said...

Now just put that Sherman in drive, and dont stop until you get to Berlin!

Foobar,

Huh.

Ok, I was wondering since I wanted to know how to set up my attack. But I guess I can see some "validity" to not having VF's in an op.

But if there arn't any, how is the victory level determined when the op is over? Strictly by casualties and percentage of map held? Or do I have to drive the other player completely off the map to actually "win"???

Mikester out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

Foobar,

But if there arn't any, how is the victory level determined when the op is over? Strictly by casualties and percentage of map held? Or do I have to drive the other player completely off the map to actually "win"???

Mikester out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

read page 103 in the manuel, seems fairly clear to me.

Rob/1,

Don't take this the wrong way, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with posting this here. Go read the fine print under the headings for new forums. The scenario one refers to stuff that is scenario specific, like about such and such battle. Yeah I could have put this over there, but decided not to since this isn't scenario specific.

SF,

Only got the game yesterday and havn't had a chance to even start looking at the manual until tonight. Thanks much for the page reference. Exactly what I was looking for. It's interesting that the terms operation and victory flags didn't lead me to this. Look up operation in the index and it refers you to page 93. But that section ends on p.95 and switches to different topic. Look up victory flags and it takes you to p. 114. Guess I should have average the two and it would have gotten me to p. 103.5, eh?

Later all.

Mikester