CM2 Suggestions...

I might be jumping into a barrel of fire monkies here but there are a few things that I would like to hopefully see in CM2.

The main thing that I would like to see added is a larger variety of Urban landmarks. I know that CM1 is based around terrain that is predominantly Rural, but, I find it pretty difficult to recreate even small towns due to the restriction of Urban items. Even things such as streetlamps, tall walls, telephone poles, garden terrain, wood fences, and other small structures found within an urban setting would greatly enhance the reality of the maps. These streetlamps, telephone poles, etc... could just be sprites, like trees.

Also, I liked how Steel Panthers did their map creation when it comes to structures and ground type. Instead of a tile (like in CM) having either a structure OR a different land type. I would like to be able to create a house or building on a piece of concrete ground instead of it always having to rest on grass.

I would like the inclusion of train bridges. You can recreate a bridge with train tracks leading to it, but, you could not put the tracks on the bridge. Also, there should be a few more different bridge types, ones that are more than one lane, have upper support bars, etc..

There should be more transition roads between the Paved and Dirt types. There are many times where I wanted to make an angled paved road have a spur into a straight dirt road. However, there are only 90 degree intersections for dirt and paved roads. You can always just put a dirt road by a paved road, but, it doesn't look as good.

When developing elevation for maps I would like to see some simpler mode in creating large hills or plateaus instead of having to modify it tile by tile.

I would like to see some cut and paste option in mapediting. I have created many maps where I built a town, forest or hill in the wrong place and would have loved the ability to just cut out that piece and move it to the correct spot instead of having to erase the thing and start from scratch.

Now, these aren't supposed to be criticisms of the existing game, but, pointing out suggestions that I would like to see in the next game. Thanks for creating such a quality product. I am looking forward to your next one!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

I would like the inclusion of train bridges. You can recreate a bridge with train tracks leading to it, but, you could not put the tracks on the bridge. Also, there should be a few more different bridge types, ones that are more than one lane, have upper support bars, etc..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personaly would also like to see armored trains included, considering that they did see some action on the Eastern front, and could make for some interesting scenarios.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There should be more transition roads between the Paved and Dirt types. There are many times where I wanted to make an angled paved road have a spur into a straight dirt road. However, there are only 90 degree intersections for dirt and paved roads. You can always just put a dirt road by a paved road, but, it doesn't look as good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paved road? In Russia? wink.gif

Seriously, there are a lot of terrain differences b/w the EF and WF that may need to be considered in CM2's design.

For example, Russia's South was mainly wide open spaces, which meant that armored combat took place at far greater ranges than the norm...this may mean that the CM2 default map size may need increasing.

Also, given Russia's land mass, a wider terrain set may need to be included in the game.

Further, given that the EF included a mix of static and mobile combat, I wouldn't mind seeing a more extensive field works set than currently provided.

Oh..and the tractor factory...you have to have the tractor factory!!! smile.gif

Mace

Currently, there are two ways a losing side can end a scenario: surrender or call for a cease fire and hope the other side does also.

I'd like to see a third option: withdrawal. I am currently in a scenario that I would like to do this. I don't want to surrender (I still have troops left) but not enough to win the battle.

The point allowance I leave to you...but I envision the side giving up the field to earn a bit more points than if they had surrendered. Also, as my PBEM opponent has suggested, lose the point value of flags that one has in his possesion when the withdrawal occurs.

Perhaps BTS will consider this.

------------------

Webmaster

http://www.trailblazersww2.org

http://www.vmfa251.org