Should I give it up?

Axis

It seems like we had this discussion before.

It seems like this disscussion was locked before.

Just leave the CM board to CM stuff and play your anti-PC rhetoric somewhere else.

Does anyone else think that a moderator will post...

"I am going to lock this up for obvious reasons?"

Guest Big Time Software

Axis,

The makers of H&D are Czech IIRC. If you went to Germany and picked up a copy of H&D you would see that it has no Swastikas or other Nazi symbols. It most likely doesn't even have blood in it since there are (or at least were) laws about graphic violence between human beings. Not sure where those laws stand today in terms of enforcement, but a couple of years ago they were certainly being paid attention to by game makers.

Our problem is that we have ONE version of Combat Mission for the whole world. Therefore, if we put in Swastikas any German purchasing our game would be comitting a crime. Litterally. So people can either download the technically correct symbols, or make their own. End of problem smile.gif

Steve

Yep, its a Sturmtiger, not the somewhat more common Brummbar.

My 2 cents? I would recommend toning down the german figure OR using a parallel allied figure on the other side. Am I offended by it? No. But certainly others will be; and your site, which is dedicated to wargaming, will become a haven of flaming. You'll be saving yourself some grief if you do some tweaking.

GAFF

Axis, It was a Czech (sp?) company who made hidden and dangerous. I visited alot of these ex-communist eastern european countries during the summer and they seem to have a fascination with nazi regalia. They also have a big problem with neo-nazism. Outside Auschwitz scum where selling nazi regalia. Don't get me wrong, I'm also fascinated with this era in history and I have a shelve full of books on the subject. However, I would say that its easy for people to get the wrong idea, and in your case, unless you want the attention of some unsavory scum, I'd make your frontpage more indicative of the common soldier, ie: battle hardened old hare.