Instant Battle AAR: Brits Avenge Village Loss!

"His Majesty's Forces today attacked and seized the village of (Censored), which controls a key road junction. Fighting was fierce, but our Forces carried every objective, receiving casualties described as "moderate." Armor losses were rather heavier. The entire defending force was either killed, wounded or captured. No further details were provided."

Actually a well directed British force managed to completely unhinge what should've been a strong defense based on a Panzer Grenadier platoon, with 3 251s, augmented by a Stug III and a 251-towed 105mm recoilless gun. Squads had only a single Panzerfaust klein each. No Schrecks either.

The British attacked from three directions, starting with a recon probe on the German far right, which was a grassy slope overlooking the hamlet . What was thought to be a Stuart (actually a Humber AC) met an ugly death via StuG, followed later by a real Stuart, killed either by the StuG or the 105 recoiless gun. The backblast when it fires is something to see!

The Stug paid fully for such target fixation, being dispatched in two shots by a Cromwell which entered from the German left on the forested road and nailed it broadside in a K-kill after stalking it for a couple of turns with the help of some interested spectators in halftracks, who sent a steady stream of reports on what the StuG was doing and where it was.

The Cromwell then went on a rampage, destroying several 251s, chasing one off before seizing the nearest objective. Soon after the Cromwell first appeared came the British infantry filtering through the trees and across the road. A temporary disruption occurred when the 105 put a shot squarely into a mortar unit crossing the road. Wham! Three mortars knocked out, presumably with crews. But most got through unscathed. The rate of fire on the recoilless isn't that great, and the 81mm mortar FO trying to stop the same horde of Tommies evidently stuck his head out about the time a 75mm shell exploded near his foxhole. A real pity, since the fire request had just been made.

The British infantry now swarmed after the tank and somehow avoided entirely my antipersonnel minefield, before swooping down on the next objective from the rear, seizing it in jig time and only harassed by 251 fires coming from the rear of the main German position in the woods protecting the third objective (only way to control the Y road junction).

The recoilless made the road an exciting proposition, and one Humber crew was properly startled when a big 105mm round whistled directly overhead (Humber was in defilade), en route to more infantry targets. In spite of driving all over the place, the British wholly avoided every single ambush I set for them.

Meanwhile the British halftracks attacked on the heels of the Cromwell, then rapidly crossed the German front, firing all the way, before coming straight at the German right. The recoilless was busy elsewhere when a halftrack came charging up and machine gunned the crew, causing the only other heavy German

weapon to be lost by crew abandonment. The entire issue was rendered moot shortly thereafter by the arrival of several accurate volleys of medium artillery, which blanketed the position and shattered the defenders.

Finding his retreat route blocked by an enemy halftrack which in its zeal to attack was almost hit by the British artillery fire, his means to resist gone, practically his entire force wounded and essentially surrounded by a foe with the means and will to finish off even the remnants of his troops, the German commander wisely surrendered. Not a man got away.

Final totals

German

37 casualties (8 KIA)

10 captured

105mm recoilless gun lost

StuG III K-killed

4 251s lost (2 K-killed)

British

46 casualties (15 KIA)

111 men OK

3 mortars

3 AFVs lost, all by K-kill

1 Cromwell

1 Stuart

1 Humber AC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Hay this is for the senarios section man there are some of use who wont to wait till we reseave are copy's of CM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an instant battle. I like reading these little stories and they belong right here IMO.

MK

Whoops, just caught myself. Rob/1, he said "Instant Action AAR". No specific scenario, so no spoiler here.

I was just about to say the same thing as Rob, but I saw the "Instant Action" part and I said "Whoops!"

Rob, need to work a little more on that spelling man. It's getting bad again.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

Thanks Fionn.

I find that using boards without a spellchecker can be a pain sometimes. So.. use smaller words, be as clear as possible, and then say screw it.

Lorak <--dyslexic

P.S. As an off-shoot. I find most people with dyslexia are pretty bright.

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring