Too Many Smiley-Faces

Don't mean to be a sourpuss, but there are just too many smiley-faces on this board. smile.gif I think people should be more secure in knowing that what they write probably won't be taken the wrong way and that if what they write is intended to be humorous the reader will probably "get it" without the overt smiley-face hinting. smile.gif

I tend to use them a lot because I've been in at three flame wars started by misinterpretations. One of them got really nasty.

The net, fabulous as it is, seems prone to this kind of misunderstanding. People see personal attacks where they aren't intended far too often, so I tend to err on the side of caution.

But, out of respect to your opinion, I'll leave the smiley off this post. Even if you are wrong. (winking smiley deleted)

Does anyone else detect a striking dichotomy here?

In a post seeking to create a ground-swell for the banning of smileys the author uses smileys himself.

BDW thou art a traitor to the anti-smiley cause. Get thee gone with thy smiley friends where we need never see thy pearly-whites again (Most definitely NOT typing a smiley here) hehe,

• 3 weeks later...