Hey, the AI can be smart!

I'm still waiting for my full version and I was playing meeting engagement on the demo the other night as the German's. I had lost two of my Stugs and had the last hiding behind a house to take out his Shermans as the came into my line of sight.

The first worked perfectly. He even obliged me by turning his back. Easy shot and kill. They now only had two Shermans left. You know what the bugger did? One Sherman came down the left side of the house, the other the right (very purposely too, for what I saw). While I exchanged fire with the first one the other one shot me in the butt. That scenario is much harder to beat when you have no armor and they have two tanks. I will never make that mistake again, if I thought the AI was capable of such tactics, I would have withdrawn my Stug to another defensive position after taking out that first Sherman. Next time I'll know not to underestimate it.

All I managed to get out of that one was a draw. I probably still could have beaten him if I had the manual. I was trying to figure out how make the infantry attack the tanks (particularly, how do you make them fire their panzerfausts?). I had Sherman's close to my troops several times in the battle and I told the troops to attack the Shermans, but alas, no panserfausts.

I also noticed that the Shermans tried to keep some distance from my troops. Smart bastards.

Thanks,

Kevin

Fauts are fired in self defense or if you target the tank and that your infantry is brave enough to execute the order.

Shrecks have to be targeted to the tank.

PS : AI made you remember that one of the great assets of a tank is mobility wink.gif

Edited due to pour spailling

------------------

Nicolas

http://perso.infonie.fr/nicolas.counio/combat_mission1.html

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

[This message has been edited by ncounio (edited 08-10-2000).]

If you think the AI is good in the demo, wait until you get the full game. Sometime it can make stupid moves, like us humans, but other times it's very smart. I believe the AI plays best as the defender.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Yea, I noticed that it didn't do nearly as well with its infantry as it did with its tanks. I mowed a lot of them down as they ran across open fields that were in my field of fire (MGs, do your stuff!).

Thanks,

Kevin