Whats the best infantry squad in Cm

The best troops in CM are the ones your always short of. When in close, the SMG squads are to the rear. When you need to suppress, the MGs are on the wrong side of the tree line. Found a mine field, your engineers are on the wrong flank. Need medium range cover fire on advance, everyone is armed with SMGs and the Rifle squads haven't arrived yet.

In other words, they are all good. The best infantry is the infantry trained for the job at hand. They all stink unless the commander (you) put them in the right place at the right time.

As for what is best in the game comparing like types? I think experience and fanatism count more than anything else. There are no superman squads here. Even the most elite squad will fall quickly when improper tactics are used, especially in CM.

I guess you can only identify a squad type as your favorite, but "best" is reserved for that certain day to that certain squad that happens to be in the right place at the right time. And you will be surprised what squad type that unit may be.

I like to play with all the squads with an exception to the one armed with pitch forks. I just can't get those peasants in close enough before they turn and run!

Whatever squads are under the command of the best player.

ANY squad can be devastating in the right hands... Just yesterday I had a measly Rifle 44 squad with FP 160something kill 19 infantry, 1 US tank and 1 US HT all without taking a single casualty.

Command ability counts for more than squad type. Hell, I've just had Crack Free French troops hand Elite SS troopers their asses in a sling in a meeting engagement PBEM. I figure I've killed over twice as many as I've lost. It's all down to command.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Whats the best infantry squad in the game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FO units with lotsa ammo for really big guns wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman