E.U. - any taxes added ?

Are there any EU-based (continent) people who have received actually the full version allready ? Are they aware about any taxes to be paid on the item.

------------------

Did you know, that the average lifetime of a forward observer in the frontline is...3 minutes.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacAuliff:

Are there any EU-based (continent) people who have received actually the full version allready ? Are they aware about any taxes to be paid on the item.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on where you are I would think. Since there is no tax harmonisation yet. I have ordered stuff to the UK and had to pay import duty. Depends on how much it is worth, too. I am just glad that BTS are not using couriers. They charge a friggin fortune to get the stuff through customs. UK£10-20 in most cases just for that. Cutthroats...

------------------

Andreas

I ordered plenty of wargames in the US, and each and everytime I used a courier I had to pay Import Duties AND taxes! I think on the whole this added about 30-40% to the purchase price!! GRRRR.... Although it seems you have to pay less if you use regular mail?

KAding

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAding:

Although it seems you have to pay less if you use regular mail?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the UK I believe that is correct, b/c they don't charge you extra for doing the customs stuff, they only charge you for the actual amount levied by Customs & Excise. Should be about 20%. I know I will have to pick mine up at the post office, but I live in campus accommodation, so they can not deliver directly.

------------------

Andreas

In France you got to pay an overcharge from the custom in order to have the actual delivery or it's locked in the airport waiting to be wasted.

The limit is somewhat above 300 French Francs and the trick is to have divided delivery to avoid that limit.

Just don't waste my copy punks!!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

When you import a game (or anything) into the EU, you pay an VAT and import duty - ALWAYS. Sometimes, you might not be aware of this because it will be lumped into the invoice from the freight forwarder, but you do pay it. However, how much you pay is purely random. The VAT depends on the country where it is imported to (different VATs for almost all European Countries) and even the import duty (which, technically, should be the same) can vary, since the people at customs not always know what to charge (is the CD just that? a CD? Or is it an electronic document? Or is it to be charged as multimedia? Etc. etc.)

Usually, expect to pay about 20% more (including VAT) for anything coming from the US.

Anyone want to know how to pay more than double the price for CM? Here's what you do:

1. Live in Sweden. We are numero uno on taxes. VAT is 25%. VAT is added on everything. When you import an item you in most cases get to pay VAT on shipping too, ain't it wonderful.

2. Pay by IMO. The cost for an IMO can be as high as 10£ (UK pounds).

3.Make sure the dollar is really high vs SEK (Swedish krona) when you pay the IMO. You might otherwise not spend as much as you would want to.

The really great thing is that only half of this money reaches the guys who made the game. The rest of the cost is a bonus, which you are happy to pay because you get to live here in Sweden. Which, according to some, is better than living somewhere else.

And we get our grief over with quickly when it comes to international soccer-tourneys too. No use in delaying the inevitable I always say.

(All present smilies has been converted to Swedish tax-collectors and let loose in Utah. They will not return.)

Geier

Got that Geier !!

In Belgium VAT amounts up to 21 %. But what I actually wanted to know is when and how do I pay this. Is this amount also deducted from my CC or do I have to pay at the post-office upon collection ? Sorry, but it's the first time I order on-line and want to anticipate problems.

re soccer...seems Belgium was the second worst team sigh. Just hope Dutch won't win, vive Zinedine Zidane.

------------------

Did you know, that the average lifetime of a forward observer in the frontline is...3 minutes.

does it depend on what sort of goods your ordering,here in the uk i order from amazon no customs tax also bought stuff from sellers on Ebay (once again books)no taxes paid.

---------------------------------------------

re.football,I watched France vs Spain made England look like a pub team,well actually we are a pub team

--------------------------------------------

i:ll show you where the iron crosses grow

Usually, the VAT and import duty are pre-paid by the freight forwarder upon entry into the country, and then charged to the customer. Some freight forwarders (DHL comes to mind) are even charging an interest rate for this.

Soooo, when you pick up the package from the post office, whatever you pay there usually includes the VAT and customs duty. Depending on which product you ordered, this can indeed by very little (reduced VAT for books). And to add to the confusion, yeah - I've had instances where I paid nothing, too.

Brings me to my mind that when we are shipping out stuff per DHL at the office, we add a pro-forma invoice stating "sample without value", which allows customer to collect courier without paying any taxes or duties.

Maybe, I ask too much if BTS could include similar document *g*

------------------

Perhaps you guys wanna know that there's no VAT tax here in Brazil.

No, sir, just a 60% importation tax. mad.gif

Perhaps know you will be a little happier with your taxes.

And Sweden being the top country on taxes, last time I checked it was German, followed by my great country.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacAuliff:

Got that Geier !!

In Belgium VAT amounts up to 21 %. But what I actually wanted to know is when and how do I pay this. Is this amount also deducted from my CC or do I have to pay at the post-office upon collection ? Sorry, but it's the first time I order on-line and want to anticipate problems.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You pay it at the post-office, at least you do here. Hope this helps.

Geier

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fangorn:

Perhaps you guys wanna know that there's no VAT tax here in Brazil.

No, sir, just a 60% importation tax. mad.gif

Perhaps know you will be a little happier with your taxes.

And Sweden being the top country on taxes, last time I checked it was German, followed by my great country.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check again. Germany hasn't, and has never had, more tax-pressure than Sweden.

Minimum income tax is 32%.

On gas, 74% of price is tax (only Norway has more I think). We luckily don't have a 60% import tax. Don't give us any ideas though.

Note, this is with a stable low inflation rate. Brazil, if memory serves me, has trouble with inflation? Hence the import tax.

Geier

My references were about the productive system taxation. Overall taxation here is 30,32% of the entire economy production, which is less than Sweden taxation, but beyond EUA and Japan. Also, inflation is not a problem here anymore (for seven years now).