The Cesspool

It started as a public challenge between 2 parties (one of whom is not human), and quickly became the haven for those who enjoy creative insults as a form of taunting, while soliciting battles.

It is a firewall for the hyper-sensitive, who would certainly be offended, the uninitiated, who would not understand, and the Very Serious, who've no bloody business playing games anyway.

The price of entry is well-written invective, or at least the willingness to try. Do not expect mercy. Hamsters are currently somewhat out of vogue, but remain an underlying theme. Bring plenty of salt for the wounded.

BTW Mark IV, this is from my final post on my "Assistant Moderators needed ASAP" thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>To quote myself-

"You guys gotta come up with an official name for yourselves. I hate having to type "the guys from the cesspool" when I could just use some generalized term that lebels all of you. "<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you read that entire post. I don't want to copy it here out of respect for STeve and the rest of the board.

------------------

Ah scheist.

[This message has been edited by Minnesota Joe (edited 09-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minnesota Joe:

I suggest you read that entire post.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did. And I was going to give you credit for the name, btw.

But conciliation is out-of-character with my Cesspool persona, to which I must now return, that being the real me. I can not risk staying out for long, as the sun's rays may strike me...

(sounds of dank splashing)

Minnesota Joe wrote:

> You guys gotta come up with an official name for yourselves.

I doubt there is any foreseeable possibility of a truce between those aligned with the Army of Peng and those aligned with the Hamster Liberation Front. As such, the denizens of the Peng Thread will never be tarred with the brush that is an all-encompassing title.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But conciliation is out-of-character with my Cesspool persona, to which I must now return, that being the real me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Do drop by though, Mark IV has some very nice skirts ... get it ... Mark IV ... skirts? Just an example of the out-of-control hilarity to be found in the 'pool.

It should be noted though, that many of us who frequent the 'pool DO have persona's and they are not to be taken seriously ... yeah right, like THAT'll ever happen.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 09-04-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Okay, that's it, now everybody shoo. Back to where you belong. No more taunting, bragging and staining the carpet here. I can just see von Lucke handing in the bill. If his hands weren't covered in whatever flows over into other threads, he would probably gleefully rub them together. Go on then, nothing to see here, we have never been at war with Oceania.

------------------

Andreas

The 'cesspool' thread is actually the sheltered workshop of wit, the kindergarten of invective. It's denizens lurk therein since their preferred methods are more akin to neanderthal bludgeoning than the rapier. Their crude deposits in this thread attest to this.

In the 'cesspool' thread you are under no illusions as to the treatment you receive. Out here it may be hours later that you notice your blood has ebbed out from where you have been run through a dozen times.

I prefer the cudgel to the bludgeon - fewer letters to type.

ignore the little "this has been edited thingy"...it hasn't really. honestly, chrisl was in error when he pointed out a typographical error. seriously. I always spel evrythuing 100% correc

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 09-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

You guys gotta come up with an official name for yourselves. I hate having to type "the guys from the cesspool" when I could just use some generalized term that labels all of you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I like to just call them 'the Lads'.

And I'm pretty sure the one that's not human is Peng, rather than myself. I'm all too human, I'm afraid. Oh, we also still use the Peng Challenge Thread, and also MuthaBeautiful Thread. But Minnesota Joe did come up with the Cesspool, and it resonated with the Lads. "Genius 'round the world stands hand in hand, and one shock of recognition runs the whole circle 'round"*, as it were.

*Art Linkletter, strangely enough.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 09-05-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

OK, listen up you smile loving hamsters! We already have one out of control thread for you to beat each other about with bannas (no pointed sticks allowed!) so I am going to close this one up in my crusade against thread "clutter"

Steve