OT:War Toys

My wife was in Boone, NC this past weekend, and on the way home she stopped at a flea market in Wilkes county. She bought our son some toy soldiers and guns.

She says they come from a pile of them, 1:50 scale German WW2 AT Guns. She bought just one! She also got some soldiers, 1:48 scale British WW2, got two bags, 10 guys a bag.

They are made from hard plastic, not green/tan Army plastic.

The toy company is/was "Highlander Toy and Miniature Military Hobbies, Inc" of Boca Raton, Florida.

The short blurb ob the package says they also sell/sold vehicles and terrain, all hand painted. The PAK 40 is hand painted with darg green paint on dark brown plastic.

The soldiers are in basic uniform hard plastic, no paint. Pretty good detail, just trimm off the flash and lightly sand and paint, and they would be great looking.

These things cost just 25 cents each.

Anyone know of this company and the toys they made?

BTW, I used to build those Bandai 1:48 AFVs as a kid, I wish I still had them intact. The Panther I later blasted with a pellet gun was spotted (at least another unbuilt copy) on ebay for 75 bucks!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

From WWII magazine they have www.toysoldierco.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just checked this one out and they have original Timpo figures. I had dozens of these back in the early 70's, no idea where they are now. And I look and this site is selling 3 Crusader foot soldiers and a mounted Knight (4 figures) for $150!!!!!!!!

I think I bought them for about 15c a foot soldier and mayber 25c or 40c for a mounted Knight. Now *that's* a retirement plan!!

(If only I knew what happened to them all!)

OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer