Exiting tank-less crews

Greetings gents,

Just need a little clarification re: getting crews of abandoned or KO'd (not brewed-up) vehicles off map.

1)I understand that crews that exit off the map edge during an operation are eligible for re-entry, assuming of course their vehicles are recoved and repaired. But what i don't know for sure is do they have to make it to the far edge before games end to be eligible.

Consider a current PBEM game i'm playing. I advance a force of tanks and HTs across the map. As the game progresses i advance farther away from the "friendly" map edge. I then lose a tank near the end of the game, and immediatly command the crew to make for the edge. If he didn't make it to the edge before the clock runs out is he still eligible?

2)In the second game of the operation a portion of the old map is attached to the new map. If the crews were in the old portion that was "deleted" are they considered exited, even though they didn't make it to the edge?

3) In the second game several vehicles were KO'd in the portion of the old map that was used in game 1. Once game 3 starts and the game 1 portion is deleted will these vehicles become eligible for recovery and repair, assuming the crews were exited.

I did a search and had several other questions answered, but not these. Likewise the manual only says to exit the crews ASAP but doesn't specify what "exit" means.

Any and all responses are welcomed smile.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Hey Doc,

You need to give me an extra turn or two in our game. I did a count of all your brewed-up vehicles and realized i don't have enough potatos to cover them all. I have a truck load arriving shortly but even that might not be enough wink.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I understand that crews that exit off the map edge during an operation are eligible for re-entry, assuming of course their vehicles are recoved and repaired. But what i don't know for sure is do they have to make it to the far edge before games end to be eligible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All crews are eligible for "re-entry" as long as they are not killed before the battle ends. Crews usually simply disappear between battles. IIRC, the only exception to this is when the crew is cut-off, i.e. surrounded by enemy troops - in this case the crew would stay on-map for another battle (or as long as it's killed or not surrounded anymore).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> In the second game of the operation a portion of the old map is attached to the new map. If the crews were in the old portion that was "deleted" are they considered exited, even though they didn't make it to the edge? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Answered above. This is not an issue, since the crew will "disappear" in any case in between the battles.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>3) In the second game several vehicles were KO'd in the portion of the old map that was used in game 1. Once game 3 starts and the game 1 portion is deleted will these vehicles become eligible for recovery and repair, assuming the crews were exited.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM remembers the location and state of KO'd vehicles. If the map moves on, the rear part disappears, but the vehicles are still there. Should the attacker ever be pushed back to the initial parts of the map, the vehicles would still be there.

The only variable if a vehicles is recovered and repaired is the state of the vehicle. If it is KO'd and burning, it will not be recovered at all. If it was merely abandoned, chances are better.

The vehicles simply disappear from the map when and if they were recovered, no matter where the current battle map window is located.

Does all of the above make any sense?

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision