Pz IV Vulnerable to shrapnel?

Ok, I'm playing this game with someone and throwing all these 155mm bombs at his tanks. He sends me this message over ICQ:

"All but one of this big group of PzIV's I have have been immobilized by indirect blast from the 155mm. Like not anywhere near them... maybe 50m - 125m away and POW... immobile. It's getting lame. The same thing thing happens near all of my Panthers and no problems."

My only uneducated guess is that shrapnel is piercing the engine compartment but that seems kind of extreme to me. Is this why or does anyone know? =/

Thanks,

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

www.geocities.com/felineflying/

aaah kitty kitty kitty, you se my small furry friend.. these 5.5 inch arty are the ultimate imobilizers of things like tanks, troops, houses, city blocks, girlscouts. enjoy.

panthers?? ooh lemme see have not seen a panther yet I'm sure my death dealing Churchhills will be happy to help imobilizing and or punch speed holes in it.

but to answer your fuzzy little question.. the tracks get thrown... the crew normaly sit in the tank and continue to fire but those large explotions may freek them out and they bail....

ah puddy tat is warms my heart that I have you almost tankless and now on to those pesky hamsters bundled up in those houses..or whats left of them.. did you enjoy the film when a 5.5" landed smack dab in the middle of it "blewiiee!" like the forth of july but since I'm using brits..hmm queen moms brithday fireworks. biggrin.gif

-------

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

panthers?? ooh lemme see have not seen a panther yet I'm sure my death dealing Churchhills will be happy to help imobilizing and or punch speed holes in it.

that I have you almost tankless and now on to those pesky hamsters bundled up in those houses..or whats left of them.. did you enjoy the film when a 5.5" landed smack dab in the middle of it "blewiiee!" like the forth of july but since I'm using brits..hmm queen moms brithday fireworks. :D

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!! Hey, stupid . . . I wasn't EVEN talking about our game. LOL This is an actual game I'm playing with an actual person other than you and I'm actually the allies w/the 155mms.

And you thought you were so clever. LOL you gimp. =P

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

www.geocities.com/felineflying/

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Mensch,

That's no way to talk to a lady (especially this one, she's got very sharp claws....ouch)!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sniff* your right... (kicks dirt with his boot) but its soooo hard to get away from the cesspool writing art... even if its toned down...

ok ok .. (scratches kitty behind the ear) all better now?

so mace that means since you entered here you monothoric ape.. in the pool with you. *sploosh!*

-----------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

ROFLMAO!!! Hey, stupid . . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

true before my morning coffee I could be classed with the likes of Seanoochies brain wave frequence.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I wasn't EVEN talking about our game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm realy.. you have some definate likness to ours... you sure have problems with incomming arty though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And you thought you were so clever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we my furry friend I am, really I bought a certificate saying that me clever me smart me a nice guy with green eyes and dark mysterious looks. and only for $4.96! what a deal!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>LOL you gimp. =P<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey I resent that you know Stuka is the gimp for all of us to play with.... just yesterday PreBroomie took him out for a test drive.

-------------

Guest Germanboy

Muhahahahahahaha - the moderators are sleeping, we have at least 7-9 hours before tehy padlock this one and send us all back into the dim light and stench of the pool again. Let's make the most of it. It is like a day out for the inmates. Uh, having said that, it is awfully bright here, isn't it? And somehow does not feel right...

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Muhahahahahahaha - the moderators are sleeping, we have at least 7-9 hours before tehy padlock this one and send us all back into the dim light and stench of the pool again. Let's make the most of it. It is like a day out for the inmates. Uh, having said that, it is awfully bright here, isn't it? And somehow does not feel right...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kitty found the key to the backdoor to the pool, Seanachomon hid it in the flour can this time..

you know what they say about cancerous things..they like to multiply and spread.. much like you Peanutboy.

actually its Cruddas fault cuz he... he... he's a peck, is he still looking for a corner in the round room to piss in that PooterNzner sent him? BTW you sun bleached bannana peel thanks for the surrender.. oh I am going to enjoy blasting you in the pool when this thread gets a locked up by.. the yet sleeping Mud Mutt.

-----------

wee lets play lets play! No moderators, ahaha the gates are open ahaha!

Death to you all, death by nasty shells and pointy rounds going through all the hard and soft bits and making a mess a meessssss

Yes, Kitty, the Mark 4 is a soft little baby, it needs cuddles and love to keep it alive. Tell your oponent to take more care next time, naughty bad person. Should have run when he saw the spotter rounds fall.

GermanGirl, when are we going to work on that map eh? eh? Come on, it'd be fun, and interesting scenario I am sure. Do you have a map in mind after all?

PeterNZ free freeeee

------------------

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." George W Bush -Saginaw, Mich.,

Sept. 29, 2000

Anyone able to find the VERY FIRST thread where the whole Hamster thing started?

It started with other animals first mentioned.. back in 09 1999 I think.. then quickly people latched on to the hamster thing..

need to find it for a colleague who is bemused confused enthused

PeterNZ

------------------

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." George W Bush -Saginaw, Mich.,

Sept. 29, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Anyone able to find the VERY FIRST thread where the whole Hamster thing started?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well PutzNZer its all down to the chicken and the egg question what came first. not to be confused with cuppateas responce

"my mommie and daddy came first then they found me in the gutter.. bla... "

sentimental schmooz crap. Hamsters or not the smell from you came first then it spawned you. fact...

damn another pooler found the secret hiding spot... you think Senoochie will pull out his frilly underwear and yell at us again when he sees this?... we can only hope.

----------

Guest Germanboy

Personally I think that the decision by BTS to only employ living white males in the western hemisphere will come back to haunt them, we will see more leakage and stuff until the superiority of German moderating skills (involving but not necessarily restricted to doing vicious things to obnoxious posters and generally being more efficient and practical than anybody else, BTW should there not be a nationality modifier for Germans to be very practical, maybe +1) is finally acknowledged and moderation will occur unbound by timelines and various hides in which it is currently curled up, so there.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-14-2000).]

This thread has legs! Quick! Lets see if we can make it into the hills before the sleeping giants wake.

The simple fact that you WANT to be a mod, that you SEEK power is the exact reason you shouldn't BE a mod germy.

The American's learnt long ago that if you have competent people in power you'll just end up invading mexico, and since I like Tortillas and Tequella, we should NOT give Germyboy more power than he already has (which is.. nill if God has a sense of humor).

Get back to saving the world boy!

PeterNZ

(This signature is a party political broadcast)

------------------

Sept. 29, 2000