Crazy Maze Map

ok, here's my amazing new map(laugh you primitive screwheads, it's a pun) brownie points for knowing where "primitive screwheads" is from...

maze8.jpg

start at the bottom right and try and get yr king tiger through a rampant army of stuarts(er, six or seven of them) and two 40mm guns to the ecit at the left.

okay, i got this funky map and i realize two things: 1) the ai knows how to cross between smaller houses so i gotta do modifications, ie bigger buildings or bocages.

and 2) it's kinda stale after a few tries.

anyone know of a good scenario idea using this map?

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 11-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 11-09-2000).]

MOTHER#&$%ING IMPRESSIVE!

the AI kept slipping through between smaller houses, so i replaced it all with forests and bocages. but apparently the edge between forest and bocage is big enough for a king tiger to slip through. so i go back and make all necessary blocking with bocages and the AI SOLVES THE MAZE.

impressive! kudos to charles and steve, and kudos again!

------------------

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

here is the scenarios:

i recommend this bocage maze since it has no gaps, unlike the town one.

http://www.geocities.com/russellmz/cm/zips/Maze2.zip

this is the town one, it has a lot of gaps still, so be warned the comp will find all sorts of ways to go straight to the end.

http://www.geocities.com/russellmz/cm/zips/Maze.zip

feel free to modify these and submit them to other sites. opensource, non-copyrighted, no strings attached!

------------------

Guest Andrew Hedges

Scenario idea: paratroopers drop into the maze and attempt to fight German garrison. To simulate landing in windy weather, paratroopers are widely scattered and separated from leaders; approximately half of the squads are split into half-squads, which are also widely separated.

Special Scenario Rule 1: Game may only be played with camera view 1.

http://www.townonline.com/cambridge/entertainment/cooking/008891_0_scoring_110899_986c09ac08.html

point 1:The problem with brownie recipes is that everyone has his or her own opinion about the proper texture

point 2:I discovered that brownies are really a cross between cake and fudge, often having been referred to as "fudge bars" in older cookbooks

point 4:There are two basic methods for making brownies. In one method, the butter is creamed (beaten) and in the other, it is simply melted

point 5:melted butter transforms a cake-like brownie into something more akin to fudge

point 6:this recipe contained no baking powder; this subtraction also yielded a denser, moister product

point 7:use a pan that does not have rounded corners, since a perfectly straight-sided pan produces the most attractive corner pieces

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Shop smart. Shop S Mart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

groovy. i just uploaded a scenario maze to cmhq...hopoe it pasts muster!

------------------

OK, we're getting into RPG here, but why not put a squad somewhere in the maze, and populate the thing with enemy half squads.

Or, populate it with one big unit (e.g. German paratroop squad, or an MMG team) and make one side an exit zone.

Wow, is this ever weird. It puts a whole new twist on CM!

smile.gif