Why do *I* get all the zombie troops?

I had another zombie-troop experience in CM the other day. I've been reluctant to post it because there are some here who get a little freaked out by it...

I had an MG42 HMG team in a house that was being shelled by an enemy tank (a Sherman V I believe). The team was down to 1 alive and 5 casualties when the building caught fire. The unit stood up, flopped over, and the info window said "Eliminated 0 smile.gif 6 frown.gif"

Here's the scary part-- all of a sudden a crew comes running out of the building with "1 eek.gif 5 frown.gif" and the same name as the eliminated crew. The only reasonable explanation is that they're undead. I might have to targt them and shoot them in the head or something. There's a body somewhere in the flames that I can click on that still shows "Eliminated 0 smile.gif 6 frown.gif"

It really doesn't affect gameplay, unless they start sucking on the brains of my other troops, but it is a surprise to see such undead running around the battlefield. Since infantry combat is filled with unlikely events, I suppose that this must have happened occasoinally in the ETO as well, but it's probably been covered up....

Where were Mulder and Scully in 1944...

[This message has been edited by chrisl (edited 08-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWorthing:

ChrisL,

I feel cheated!

that's pretty funny...undead...

the only way to get rid of him is full on

cremation... send em over to my croc...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it was the one that you blew up (or thought you did). I didn't want to tell you he was still alive (or at least not dead...)

I could send him over to distract your crock while I shoot with the PF.