for those of you with GeForce cards...

After installing the latest Nvidia reference drivers (6.18) I'm experiencing cursor corruption and other problems in CM. The cursor dissapears in the game if I don't move it, and it leaves square artifacts in the main menu. I went back to the 5.33 drivers and the problem went away. Everyone's system is different so this may not happen to you, but I've had no problems with any of these beta drivers until 6.18. FYI.

DeanCo--

they don't work well for me either

hehe. :/

nothing does!

*waaaaah*

now i think i shall have to work out how to reinstall windows.

hmm

but the else tech guy talked about enabling one of the bios shaddow memory settigns and setting primary vga boot device to AGP and assigning irq's to vga and enabling vga pallete snooping. If that wasn't already fine, the card won't work in it's test would it?

I dunno

bla

PeterNZ

hi all,

I'm just wondering...perhaps some of you that feel comfortable installing and uninstalling drivers should try installing the 6.18 drivers to see if mine is just an isolated instance. Maybe this is something BTS needs to be aware of, so they can have an answer ready if this is a widespread (as far as we can tell) problem. Just thinking aloud.

DeanCo--

Should I abort the d/l now? Gosh, most reviews says that there is a considerable improve in fps....

Thanks for the warning.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Hmm...I downloaded and installed the newest drivers, and I run a GeForce card. I have had NO problems what so ever. I have NOT seen a speed increase that was anything great, but the fsaa does seem a little better. Reviews of the new drivers are mixed..saying slower at low res, but faster at higher res and 32 bit color.

Rune

Guest Madmatt

I also had no problems whatsoever. I have a 64mb POrophet GTS GeForce II card and have used just about every version of drivers ever released without issues with any of them.

One thing to try is to delete the Prefs file that CM creates each time the game is run. Also you want to make sure that you followed the install directions with the new drivers fully and that means FIRST setting your graphics Adaptor to be Standard VGA and rebooting. Thats a step MANY people ignore and often causes issues.

Madmatt

p.s. For the record FSAA and overall visual quality and speed HAS increased with these new Detonator 3 drivers.

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

After reading how other people have had no problems with the new drivers, improved performance, etc, I decided to get medevil on it's ass. Clean uninstall, generic drivers for my mouse, no custom anything as far as windows goes, then registry search for relevant nvidia and guillemot references, deleted all nvagp.inf, and my CM prefs, then reboot and new driver install. And the end result is my mouse still leaves artifacts and flickers badly, in all resolutions and color depths. Went back to 5.33, and everything works fine. (sigh)

Asus P3-F

celeron 500

128 mega RAM

SB Live value

Guillemot 3d prophet geforce 256

DeanCo--

Just a word to the guy thinking about reinstalling wndows, be sure that you have ALL the drivers for your equipment on disk, cd or something before doing it.

So far in four years of PCing I have lost two modems by forgetting to keep the drivers and not making a note of the type and model... no generic drivers worked either.

Thought I would give you all a chuckle at my expense! Laugh while you can... one day it will happen to you too...

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

You are not alone deanco, I posted an alert on this because the D3 drivers messed up CM for me also. Did not go all out though like U. I only wasted 2 hours on it. I have Geforce 32 DDR. Seems like the blokes with the Geforce2s are not having problems with it. BTW do you have a Microsoft Intellimouse?

I've a G-Force 256 DDR and last night I installed the new Detonator 3 drivers frown.gif

Well CM works but clunkier than before and as I also play Half-Life Counterstrike - well prior to the upgrade I could switch between HL and Windows with no probs - well now HL hangs when swapping between applications - so either the drivers are faulty or they have not done something right with the older cards - plus as I build PC's as a second job I'm familiar with the correct precedure to remove and install drivers etc - its got me perplexed I can tell you.

Craig

[This message has been edited by Aussie Smith (edited 08-15-2000).]

Originally posted by Aussie Smith:

I've a G-Force 256 DDR and last night I installed the new Detonator 3 drivers frown.gif

Well CM works but clunkier than before ...

--

Aussie: (I'm in Sydney btw).. just purchased a new system with a Gigabyte m/board and a Creative GE-Force2 GTS 32 mb card. As I'm an

absolute moron when it comes to drivers etc..

should I stick with the ones out of the box or head for the Creative Web page..? If I do install new ones, do they go over the top of the existing ones? Any advice appreciated...

Thanks, Mick

Well, I must have a weird computer somehow, because CM will only run on Detonator 1 drivers for me and my GeForce. Any 5.xx or 6.xx will cause a strange lockup a few minuetes after game start where my mouse will still move and the sound will continue to play in a loop, but I can't move the screen or access any menues in the game. So I use 3.90 and it workes fine as long as I don't overclock anything.

well didn't need to reinstall after all!

Infact, the Detonator drivers run beautifully on my system and it's all going pretty than a two dollar ho after a bottle of whiskey!

At the moment tho, Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption is taking my attention, gosh darn that's so sexy looking pwhoa.

Mmm GeForce 2. This weekend I will tackle the 3d glasses I think.

PeterNZ

Just installed 6.18 and things are smooth in terms of CM. Noticible increase in frame rate. Wow! Better FSAA support but I think I still need that V5 5500 PCI.

Griffin @ sleep...

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Seems like people having probs with Geforce D3 drivers and CM are people with the Geforce 1 series, those with the Geforce2s are not having any probs so far.

I thought I'd give the new Detonator 3 drivers a try. So far I've not had a single problem. Here are my system specs:

ASUS P3B-F

Intel PIII-500

256MB PC100 SDRAM

Guillemot 3D Prophet GeForce

Guillemot MaxiGamer 3D2 PCI

Sound Blaster PCI512

Windows 98SE

DirectX 7.0a

Note my GeForce card is of the first generation GeForce cards, so I wouldn't say that problems with the new drivers are necessarily related to the 1st generation cards.

I haven't tried many other games yet, but did fight a complete battle in CM that had burning buildings, smoke, and also had transparency turned on for buildings and things played great.