to everyone who answered my post yesterday my wife allready hates you.

I downloaded the demo and was instantly hooked.

I mostly play MMORPG's like asherons call and I loved the Close Combat series,

and I have never been hooked so quickly on a game as I got hooked on CM.

I loved it I loved it I loved it.

I had all my tanks knocked out in 4 or 5 turns and then the STUG's proceded to rip me a new one.

I have never been so excited playing a war game as this.

So I bought the game this morning WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

How long did it take them to ship it?

Thanks

Guest dirkd1976

Welcome to the collective dega. Glad to have you with us. As to how long shipping takes....at least five months. BTS is behind on their shipping. Sorry man. KIDDING!! It took me about two weeks to get my copy, which by the way, has not left my CD tray since it has arrived. Once you get your full version head on over to Madmatt's site and start downloading some of the great mods by our fellow CM'ers. Have fun with it man!! See you on the battlefield!!

Heres the link to Madmatts site: http://combathq.thegamers.net/

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Dega, seriously get Madmatts mods and follow his download sequence recommendation. These mods will change the entire look and sound of the game. I highly recommend them.

MikeT

------------------

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

- Motto of Possum Lodge

Wife? Who needs one when you have CM? I think I had some of those parent thingies once, but they don't really matter anymore.

I predict that Combat Mission players will someday become an extinct species, because we will not bother reproducing when we can play this awesome game. As a result, the gene for loving Combat Mission will not be passed on. Sad, but true.

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

Guest dirkd1976

As much as I love this game I am going to try reproducing as much as I possibly can. CM is nice, but it doesnt keep me warm on those cold winter nights...

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

uh...speak for yourself scipio.

I'll take sexual reproducing v1.0 over a mod any day! biggrin.gif

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

[This message has been edited by Jadayne (edited 10-25-2000).]

Sorry but I got to do the real thing today and it beats CM hands down.

Called in some F-18's and Cobra's and believe it or not some Huey's with doorgun gatlings smile.gif

Combine that with the 155's and 81's and life was good. Nothing beats seeing a gatling fire at night.

Welcome aboard.

PS: I had to buy my wife a computer so I could get my fix of CM without interruption.