area fire

With full FOW on, if I click on an enemy tank, I can see if it is doing area fire. Should I know this? Reason I ask is cause we know that area fire tends to make a tank stick to it's target. But should I know that the tank is doing area fire? Shouldn't I have to figure that out by the fire's accuracy?

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 05-26-2000).]

Steve explained some of it.

If you have LOS to a tank, you simply SEE that it is buttoned (hatch closed) or thrown a tread.

And if the tank moves forward, back, forward again...guess it's bogged... smile.gif

Kinda abstraction, but works well for me.

Fred

I suppose you might know an enemy tank is using area fire if he is firing at an area where you have no troops and you can see him doing that. If you DO have troops there then the fact that his fire is missing more than hitting might be a good sign. Just a guess

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

"Agreed. With that knowledge u can expose your own tanks, AT guns and hammer the

enemy tank cause it will sinply stick to area firing."

Actually they don't stick to area firing. I had my tank area fire a house then when a tank came into view it redirected its fire at tank.

Speaking of area fire, does anyone else think the AI needs to be more willing to shift fire to a different target when one pops into view? In real life, no tanker is going to keep chucking rounds into those distant bushes if an enemy tank suddenly appears and starts shooting him.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton