Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

None the CM games will start on Steam

I own all CM games/modules.  Have transferred them over to Steam years ago.  They all ran.  Hadn't started any up in a few months.  Go to start them and Steam says its downloading a 2-3 Kb file.  The Matrix loading screen comes up.  The Matrix screen completely locks up.  Steam says game is running.  Noty showing up in task manager.  Have kill the game through Steam.  All CM games are now not running after that small file download.

i9-90850HX

nVidia 4090 laptop

62Gb RAM

Win11

Quick note:

I verified all the games on Steam.  As a test, I uninstalled CMBS and then reinstalled it.  No luck.

I did note that the Matrix loading screen seems to hang where the loader is trying to access the Matrix ads for other games.  It just says loading.

I also tried starting the CM exe directly by itself and with admin privileges.  Again, no luck.

Its been Win11 for a few years.  And I loaded the Viz C++ already...just to make sure.

I'm pretty sure its the Matrix loader causing the issue.  That is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever encountered.

Edited by Thewood1

The "V" thing led to CMBS starting.  From that I noted that it was using the Intel GPU.  So dug just one layer down and found that a BIOS update switched the laptop from Discrete GPU(nVidia) to Hybrid(game chooses GPU).  For some reason, unlike most games, BFC loves to choose the Intel.  Switched it back and it works.

Thanks for taking the time to help me sort this.