Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hello everyone. 

So, recently I finished a sound design for games class. Which deals with the details involved when it comes to video games. and i figured out the same techniques work with the combat series. So, what I've decided to do is put together a sound pack for SF2 & CMBS. these will be more accurate sounds like for the M4, M249, M240B, AT4 etc. I'll also do ambience as well. Let me know your thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Have you first checked all the sound mods for weapons?  There are so many already done.  Don't want you wasting your time "reinventing the wheel".

I have, a lot of the sounds weren't very accurate. not to call the person useless. But I've been using M4's for some time now and those other sound packs don't really capture the right sound. Ill post the Dropbox link to my M4 sound. It'll also have the m203/320 sound

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9gdkf1rssafhd3sof5c8p/ADUemdAab8eruuI84oYd1AY?rlkey=3htdtqhz7bktawla4m3kssonn&st=sjjcuhcm&dl=0

It would be nice to get some more realistic sounds. I've been using HQS 5.0. It's certainly better than the default sounds. But I'm not convinced that all of the weapon sounds are accurate. Are you planning on doing weapon sounds for the red side as well? And (not to come off as too pushy) do you have any future plans of expanding backwards to WW2?

4 minutes ago, Centurian52 said:

It would be nice to get some more realistic sounds. I've been using HQS 5.0. It's certainly better than the default sounds. But I'm not convinced that all of the weapon sounds are accurate. Are you planning on doing weapon sounds for the red side as well? And (not to come off as too pushy) do you have any future plans of expanding backwards to WW2?

yes. I believe the red side is just as important. ill absolutely go back in time eventually

Another issue that I've noticed with the existing sounds (at least the sounds I'm using right now) is that all of the bullet zips (the sound effects for bullets passing the camera) are, well, zips. In reality I believe they should mostly be cracks. If I understand the physics correctly (that the crack of a passing bullet is literally a tiny sonic boom) you should hear a crack anytime supersonic (rifle/mg) rounds pass you. The only time you wouldn't hear a crack, and might hear a zip instead, is if subsonic (pistol/smg) rounds are passing you. Do you intend to do anything with the existing bullet zip sounds?

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2024 at 6:50 PM, ViperAssassin26 said:

busy with school and Army stuff

Both things that I'm very grateful not to have to worry about anymore. It's all just civilian workforce stuff for me from here on out. But I still remember how much of a PITA school and Army stuff was for me. So you have my sympathies. Don't feel too pressured about the sound pack.