Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Processor Question

I recently found a Samsung NVMe 2TB 970 EVO Plus with a decent discount. Since I have too many titles to want to go uninstall and reinstall I just did a lift and shift and moved all the games over to the SSD and left a symbolic link (i.e. mklink) on the HDD pointing to the SSD. it works great! Where before, loading a large CM title would give me time to go grab a beer now it is almost all loaded before I can leave the room. 😎

This is probably the correct thread to add this. My copy of Win11 has started automatically bitlocking drives -- without asking! If you're using Win11 check to see if your drives are encrypted. If they are, be sure that you have a copy of the recovery key for each of your drives and store it in a safe location.
Find Bitlocker Key

Edited by OldSarge
Added M$ link

43 minutes ago, Sunbather said:

You definitively should, at least for the drive on which you want to install your system and some games. Be aware though that most games don't profit from it. On the NVMe I only install the CM games and the RPGs I am currently playing and where a LOT of loading is involved (*Elden Ring anyone?*). For most games, the difference between SATA and NVMe is negligible or not even measurable.

If you play DCS (the flight simulator) a fast SSD makes even more of a difference.

You definitively should, at least for the drive on which you want to install your system and some games. Be aware though that most games don't profit from it. On the NVMe I only install the CM games and the RPGs I am currently playing and where a LOT of loading is involved (*Elden Ring anyone?*). For most games, the difference between SATA and NVMe is negligible or not even measurable.

If you play DCS (the flight simulator) a fast SSD makes even more of a difference.

23 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

DCS is a game that has very long loading times, and it gets much worse on storage that doesn't seek fast.

It was a joke because you've posted the same response 4 times ; )

Happens to me, too, in this forum!

Edited by Sunbather