Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why can't I get my account confirmed here?

2 and half weeks now waiting for approval. It's not a "check your spam folder" thing, as I've gotten the confirmation emails (and I've checked anyways). I've written a couple emails to the "contact us" link, I've posted on the discord. 

Anyone? I really enjoy the game and would like to participate and ask questions here. But it seems I'm stuck at waiting for approval with nobody seemingly behind the scenes doing that. 

17 hours ago, Bahnzo2020 said:

2 and half weeks now waiting for approval. It's not a "check your spam folder" thing, as I've gotten the confirmation emails (and I've checked anyways). I've written a couple emails to the "contact us" link, I've posted on the discord. 

Anyone? I really enjoy the game and would like to participate and ask questions here. But it seems I'm stuck at waiting for approval with nobody seemingly behind the scenes doing that. 

Eh, you do ask questions…

Otherwise: Never heard about “account approval”.

Just in case: Ask @BFCElvis

There are certain things we look for when people create a forum account. Without getting into specifics, some ways that a user is created have often ended up being spammers. Looking back on your original user creation it fell into that category. The one that you're using now was approved as soon as I logged in today. 

Discord is monitored by Matrix/Slitherine. I poke my head in there from time to time but it isn't the best way to reach someone at Battlefront. 

What "contact us" link did you use? I monitor several Battlefront email addresses and get notifications on my dead sexy phone whenever one comes in. I didn't see any. 

I'm glad that you're now in and I'm sorry for any inconvience. 

I really enjoy the game and would like to participate and ask questions here

👍, good stuff and welcome.

Just a weird question.  If you were stuck waiting for approval, how were you able to post the above?  Just wondering...

28 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

There are certain things we look for when people create a forum account. Without getting into specifics, some ways that a user is created have often ended up being spammers. Looking back on your original user creation it fell into that category. The one that you're using now was approved as soon as I logged in today. 

Discord is monitored by Matrix/Slitherine. I poke my head in there from time to time but it isn't the best way to reach someone at Battlefront. 

What "contact us" link did you use? I monitor several Battlefront email addresses and get notifications on my dead sexy phone whenever one comes in. I didn't see any. 

I'm glad that you're now in and I'm sorry for any inconvience. 

I really don't know why the first account I used would fall into some sort of spammer category. That's weird. It's an email address I've used for decades now.

I used the "contact us" link which is at the bottom of every page, so apparently that's not being forwarded as I used it 3 times.  

20 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

👍, good stuff and welcome.

Just a weird question.  If you were stuck waiting for approval, how were you able to post the above?  Just wondering...

You can post w/o having an account. It just forces you to make an account and go thru the confirmation process again. That wasn't evident and I was simply hoping posting as a "Guest" would flag someone. The problem is there is *nothing* anywhere where I could contact someone about this, outside of the "contact us" link which is apparently not being monitored. 

39 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Eh, you do ask questions…

Otherwise: Never heard about “account approval”.

Just in case: Ask @BFCElvis

When you aren't registered, you can't PM anyone. I tried Discord, but for some reason nobody from Battlefront even monitors their own discord and the Slitherine rep there just gave me a "sorry, not my job" excuse. Which I found a little off putting as you would think someone would have at least taken a minute to shoot someone at Battlefront an email and say "hey, take a look at this". 

Anyways, it's finally fixed. Maybe my having this problem will help fix the few small problems with communication so the next person doesn't have to experience it. 

9 minutes ago, Bahnzo2020 said:

Anyways, it's finally fixed. Maybe my having this problem will help fix the few small problems with communication so the next person doesn't have to experience it. 

Ah, I understand.

As John indicated: The three (or four?) different entities involved in CM do not always make things easier…

But, as you righty said: Issue solved.

And: Welcome to the forum!

58 minutes ago, Bahnzo2020 said:

I used the "contact us" link which is at the bottom of every page, so apparently that's not being forwarded as I used it 3 times.  

Thank you! HHHHmmmm.....I just sent a message using that and haven't recieved it. It looks like it's a PM< rather than an email. I wonder if it goes to someone who isn't here anymore that used to be an Admin, like MadMatt or Martin/Moon. I will investigate it and make sure the messages don't into space anymore. 

I'm also send you a PM. Thanks again for pointing out a hole in our communication system. 

1 hour ago, Bahnzo2020 said:

I was simply hoping posting as a "Guest" would flag someone

Okay, so I guess by the time I saw it 'Guest' had changed to 'Bahnzo2020'.  Anyway, thankfully you got in eventually, so welcome again 😉.