Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMFB BUG - "DISMOUNTED" JEEP WITH PASSENGERS - BUT UNABLE TO MOVE JEEP, (OR DISMOUNT OR BAIL OUT)

CMFB "Claymores" campaign, Mission 3.

During setup, a Jeep is seen as "Dismounted" when it clearly has a 2-man FO passengers in the front seats (no other passengers or driver).  But, also there is no ability to "dismount" or "bail out". the FO  One can only dismount the FO by giving it a movement order into the setup zone.  

One can mount an inf unit into the empty Jeep and ACQUIRE ammo,  But, one has to use a movement order (even though it is the only unit in the vehicle) to enable the unit to dismount.  ie: the Jeep cannot be ordered to move.

Picture wouldn't post unfortunately, but game file available.  

Posted (edited)

I think that any unit outside the setup zone cannot be given an order of any kind during setup. This is in all CM titles as far as I know. However, I never saw a vehicle "dismounted" when it is mounted actually. Do you mean the dismount order button is not active?

Edited by wolfgang500

This subject has cropped a couple of times in the past. I don't think it is a bug per se. It is either because the original occupants of the jeep were killed in a previous mission, or the campaign designer has decided to have dismounted jeeps placed on the map in certain missions, so that troops can access the spare ammo that they are carrying. The "Set-up phase" has no effect on this, they will be permanently "Dismounted" for the entire mission. The player can either strip all the spare ammo out during the "Set-up phase", or have reinforcements help themselves as and when they arrive. 

31 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

The player can either strip all the spare ammo out during the "Set-up phase"

It seems not in this case, as it was outside the set-up zone.  But generally this is a great thing to do (or at least it feels great 😉).  And having 'too much' ammo is not a problem for our super-truppen.

8 hours ago, Vacillator said:

It seems not in this case, as it was outside the set-up zone.  But generally this is a great thing to do (or at least it feels great 😉).  And having 'too much' ammo is not a problem for our super-truppen.

That isn't how I remember mission 3. I had two FO teams, one was in a carrier, the other team came in a fully functioning jeep with a driver, and both vehicles were inside the "Set-up" zone . I only encountered "Dismounted" jeeps later in the campaign.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

both vehicles were inside the "Set-up" zone

That seems different to

On 5/27/2024 at 10:33 PM, Erwin said:

One can only dismount the FO by giving it a movement order into the setup zone

Perhaps I should try the mission sometime 😉.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Vacillator said:

It seems not in this case, as it was outside the set-up zone. 

Warts may have hit on the answer.  The Jeep in question is in a set-up zone and one can mount inf units and acquire ammo.  But, one cannot DISMOUNT or BAIL OUT.  One has to use a movement order to get the inf unit out.  The puzzle is that the Jeep is set-up initially with an inf unit (2-man FO) on board.  

Perhaps the crew was KIA in the previous mission and/or the Jeep was immobilized.  But it is some sort of bug that something weird is happening here.  Doesn't spoil the game, so no biggy...

Edited by Erwin