Two copies of SF2, which one am I using?

Slightly dim question here. I have two copies of SF2 on two different drives of my main gaming and graphics computer.  I can't tell which one I am using when I play, I launch them from the start menu or shortcuts.  I want to delete the obsolete one.

38 minutes ago, JulianJ said:

Slightly dim question here. I have two copies of SF2 on two different drives of my main gaming and graphics computer.  I can't tell which one I am using when I play, I launch them from the start menu or shortcuts.  I want to delete the obsolete one.

Hi Julian.  That's not actually a question 😉.

Can you right click on your shortcuts to get the location?  And maybe do the same for the start menu?  If they all point to the same place you can trash the other one (first checking for any additional content you might have added in the Z folder etc. that might not be in your 'correct' place).

That's probably a dim answer, forgive me if so.

Thanks Vacillator.  I've actually found yet another rogue copy on my HD.  I'm going to consolidate everything into one version in the right place and get rid of the rest. I will check in the z folder too!  Don't want to lose any mods.

1 minute ago, JulianJ said:

I will check in the z folder too

And of course any saves, additional scenarios and campaigns you might have collected, and incoming and outgoing PBEM if you have any.  Have I missed anything?

It's safe to remove all the content folders (mods, scenarios, campaigns and quick battle maps) and put them someplace safe.  When you have your desired game version installed you can add them back in making sure there are no duplications.