How to disable building transparency ?

Adam, your question rate is impressive 😉.

I know what you mean, but I think it's intended to quickly show you that your units are in the building, or that enemy units (or part of) have been spotted in those buildings.  I occasionally find it unrealistic, but I don't have a suggestion on how to improve it.  Do you?

I don't think there's any way to disable it right now. We could request to make building transparency togglable as a new feature in a future update, the way trees are currently togglable. But there's no guarantee that it would be feasible (every new bit of code risks conflicts with old code, potentially introducing new bugs), or that they would find time to do it even if it is feasible (they have limited resources and lots of other things they are also trying to do).

38 minutes ago, Centurian52 said:

lots of other things they are also trying to do

Totally agree, but I'm not sure how to improve on it anyway.  It works for the purposes I mentioned but it sometimes obscures other things.  I can live with it for sure as turning it off isn't the answer for me.

Adam is of course right that in RL there are no transparent buildings, but we're not in RL we're playing a game which gives us a slideable scale middle ground between realism and playability.  It works for me.

7 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I'm not sure how to improve on it anyway

I think the answer is to make it togglable. I think generally speaking you want transparency on when you're issuing orders to troops in buildings. But when you're reviewing the action for the spectacle it might make sense to turn it off. I do something similar with trees. Tree-trunks only when I'm issuing orders through forests, and trees fully on when I'm watching the replay.