CMBO Editor Force Names

It might help if you listed these names out very carefully so that we can be sure what you mean.

If I understand correctly, only the German army appears with German words in it.

Are you suggesting that some of the terms used are inauthentic (e.g. the mythical CDV Wafflegrenadieren)? There are indeed patches that can fix that.

There's a patch over at Mark Gallear's site that brings the CDV mythical marketing material back in line with the BTS US version and reality (Wafflegrenadieren = Waffen SS). There may also be copies of these patches at CMMODS, but I haven't looked lately.

What's odd is that I thought CDV versions sold in North America were the unexpurgated US model with correct German terminology, as opposed to the bowdlerized Eurotrash version which complies with German marketing regulations.

Spending a little time poking around military history websites is a good way to get comfortable with authentic terminology. The Axis History site is one of several great places to start. I would also suggest investing in a simple German dictionary. Once you understand what those funny words really mean you won't want to have anything to do with dumbed-down dubbed Hollywood reality.

The only patches/mods that would correct this seem to be for CMBB. I've looked at Mark Gallear's site, and else where. Read the FAQ on this site, which mentioned it, as well as a fix but it too was for CMBB. CMMODS although is an exellent site for mods (huge data base) but it's search engine is limited, tried multipule inquires but came up short.

Originally posted by Sandeu:

Yes that is it. Only the German Army appears with German words, like;

Army (Heer)

Waffle Grenadieren

Fallschirmjager

Gebirgsjager

Volksstrum

Roughly,

Waffle G, SS troops

Fallschirmjager, Airborne or Paratrooper

Gebirgsjager, Mountain troops

Volksstrum, conscripted civilians

In the game the type of troops has no effect on gameplay. There may be differences in weapons carried for certain types in certain months and year. Level has more effect (like veteran or elite).

Google searching to figure all this out is fun too.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sandeu:

I have the CDV version of CMBO Speacial edition. In the editor when selection the Axis I have Army (Herr) and several other unit types, in German. Is there a patch or something for this? English that is.

If I recall correctly, the same's true of the US version.

Other than the "Waffen Grenadier" troops, which are Waffen SS troops, but since CDV publishes all over Europe, including Germany, it can't have explicitly Nazi stuff such as SS references.