Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips CMBS: cannot activate licenses

A copy from CM2 Engine Tech support but seems no one of BF answering there :(

Moved to a new PC, installed CMBS, run Activate Product yet when I start the game exe it opens a window that looks like Activate Product yet with now buttons. Yet cursor changes to Press Button where those buttons should be they're just not displayed.

What I did:

1. Downloaded Base Game v.2.18
  2. Tried to run Activate Product. It hasn't accepted Engine 3 key yet accepted Engine 4 key.
  3. Got the above described problem.
  4. I downloaded separate Engine 4 and run update installer.
  5. Run Activate Product with Engine 4 key. It finished successfully.
  6. Got the above described problem again.

So the questions:

1. Long time ago I bought Engine 3 base game and Engine 4 upgrade. How can I get to Engine 4 v.2.18?
    1. Should I download and run Engine 3 first and then Engine 4 or the base game is now Engine 4?
    2. If the base game is Engine 4 might it be that since I bought the games long time ago my links need to be first used for Engine 3 installation then Engine 4?
    3. In what sequence I should run Activate Product? Engine 3 first with Engine 3 license then install Engine 4 and run it's own license.
    4. Potential problem with licenses might be over the course of time I had CMBS installed on three platforms and I was trying to install on the fourth. I needed the fourth since one of those three died so technically I had three at any given time. Yet I cannot run license deactivation on the one that died if I need to. Should I have deactivated that? Can tech support deactivate it on their side now?
    5. I actually have two copies of CMBS in my inventory so I should be able to have CMBS on three sumultanious platforms yet I'd like to sort out which licenses are tied to which platform. Can tech support help me with that?
    6. If tech support can help with sorting out the licenses please DO NOT deactivate them without contacting me first. I have two installations working and I don't want to loose them.
Edited by IMHO

On 2/17/2024 at 5:10 PM, IMHO said:

seems no one of BF answering there

Correct that is the user to user self help forum not the location for official support. For that go here: https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Downloaded Base Game v.2.18

The correct thing to do.

I downloaded separate Engine 4 and run update installer.

Oh that's not a good thing. That will revert the version you have.

So, for openers uninstall what you have and reinstall using the Download for the Base Game v2.18. Stop downloading and installing anything else - unless the pros at the help desk tell you to.

...How can I get to Engine 4 v.2.18?

You have it. That is what the base game download for v2.18 is version 2.18 of CMBS based on game engine 4.

Should I download and run Engine 3 first and then Engine 4 or the base game is now Engine 4?

No stop downloading random stuff. Just stop. 🙂

might it be that since I bought the games long time ago my links need to be first used for Engine 3 installation then Engine 4?

No.

In what sequence I should run Activate Product?

Entering your keys is not order dependent so no order. 

Should I have deactivated that? Can tech support deactivate it on their side now?

There is no deactivation. Over time more activations are supposed to automatically be made available. You can confirm with support thought to be sure.

1 hour ago, IMHO said:

@A Canadian Cat - was IanL, thanks for your help! BFCElvis was also very kind to check my orders for availbale installs and explain me what I should do. Will uninstall and try again soon. Will see how it goes. Again, thanks!

Excellent. BFCElvis is the support professional so follow his advice and you will get sorted out in the end.