Some New, Some Old, Some Reworked (Scenarios/Campaigns)

Hey Guys,

Took a few years, but I'm back to working on CM stuff. Have revamped my Combat Mission Website and over the last few months have populated it with some old (5 Campaigns). some reworked (5 Scenarios of which three are really new), and some new (6 new scenarios).  Also have other things in the works including a 9 scenario campaign for CMFB ' Task Force Baum'  and a 7 scenario campaign for CMCW 'Son of Major Nosov'. 

Think the new layout of the website makes it easy to not only get at the scenarios/campaigns but should provide enough description to see if your interested in downloading them or not. Would love to get feedback on any of them you attempt to play. Enjoy, and I am happy to be active again.

10 hours ago, Fredrock said:

Hey Guys,

Took a few years, but I'm back to working on CM stuff. Have revamped my Combat Mission Website and over the last few months have populated it with some old (5 Campaigns). some reworked (5 Scenarios of which three are really new), and some new (6 new scenarios).  Also have other things in the works including a 9 scenario campaign for CMFB ' Task Force Baum'  and a 7 scenario campaign for CMCW 'Son of Major Nosov'. 

Think the new layout of the website makes it easy to not only get at the scenarios/campaigns but should provide enough description to see if your interested in downloading them or not. Would love to get feedback on any of them you attempt to play. Enjoy, and I am happy to be active again.

Hi,

Did you playtest your "old" campaigns with Engine 4? It appears that changes introduced over the years (particularly regarding MGs efficiency) have completely unbalanced earliest CMBN campaigns and scenarios; I have learnt it the hard way: campaigns like "Devils' Descent" (April 2011 version) and "Blue and Gray Campaign" (May 2012) have become completely unplayable, the former became a lot too easy (found it completely unchallenging as a newbie) and the latter (at least the first scenario) unwinnable...

Anyway, nice website and exciting stuff in the works... 👍

9 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Did you playtest your "old" campaigns with Engine 4? It appears that changes introduced over the years (particularly regarding MGs efficiency) have completely unbalanced earliest CMBN campaigns and scenarios;

Glad you like the site PEB14, Unfortunately I had a flood in 2019 that destroyed over 3TB worth of data and I have lost all the 'core unit' files, scripts, commander manual Indesign files, and a host of other stuff pertaining to my Combat Mission Material. I have exploded out the scenarios of these 5 campaigns via ScAn CaDe but I would still need to go back and create the core units and scripts. Currently my mind set is working on new campaigns, and all the Sie Kommen stuff (remember I created the original in CMAK in 2004) and then updated to CMBN in 2011) has mostly been re-released after being modified for H2H play. I might go back and rework those files for Game Engine 4.x now that I have done a few other scenarios and play tested them, getting a better understanding of what needs to be adjusted. Plus most of the AI scripts can be 'enhanced' as their are many more groups that can be utilized. Anywho its all in the pot, it just depends what I put on my plate. Right now CMFB 'Task Force Baum' is top priority, which will have a historically correct 'core unit' OOB, but the whole campaign will not be based  upon the historic 'Task Force Baum' mission of rescuing POWs but will be fictionalized using the Task Force as a Spearhead for Patton's Army in his advance deeper into Germany.  bla bla bla...