Was I assimilated?

Guest Pershing Predator

Yeah, i've gotta agree with Wild Bill... I never think I was assimilated into the fold. Can I set up an appointment for that?

cool.gif

------------------

"When did this valley get here?"

"Toldja we were firing the 14-Inch guns."

-Pershing Predator

WBW.....

wuz wonderin' the same about me....

course ah ain't been on this here board that long....

oh well...

an ifn ya ain't then that borg needs to be tied to one o' mah ronson's during mah next battle tongue.gif

BTW how the heck are ya??

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

Wild Bill,

opinion is divided / the jury is out on the question whether the CM Borg can assimilate old time veteran CM-followers who have actually been here, and assimilated in a natural, self-assimilating way, way before the Borg entered the CM community erm hive.

If anything, it is the old board members and CM devotees who should assimilate the Borg. Just my opinion of course. Any "assimilation" executed by the CM Borg onto old CMers would only have a declaratory, but not constitutive effect.

------------------

"Do want a game that works???" (CPT Stransky)

The hesitant CM Borg:

--------------------

Wild Bill has been...ah.. more or less assimilated...probably.

Resistance is fairly futile...at least I think so, but feel free to give it a try if you like...you never know your luck...er....um....

...I think that's it. Is it?

Guest Germanboy

Jau Hofbauer, that made no sense, but well said. BTW, love your sigs.

Now Dalwhinnie, if you go back to read the thread ('Combat Mission Hit'), you'll find that you would command more respect around here if you had chosen either Talisker or Laphroaig as a handle. Well, I guess we can let you get away with this one.

Never been assimilated (except for a feeble attempt at mass-assimilation), never will be. Post too much nonsense, would result in a system overload. Now we would not want 7 of 9 to short-circuit, now would we?

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Wild Bill,

opinion is divided / the jury is out on the question whether the CM Borg can assimilate old time veteran CM-followers who have actually been here, and assimilated in a natural, self-assimilating way, way before the Borg entered the CM community erm hive.

If anything, it is the old board members and CM devotees who should assimilate the Borg. Just my opinion of course. Any "assimilation" executed by the CM Borg onto old CMers would only have a declaratory, but not constitutive effect.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, My theory is that the Borg is a manifestation of the collective unconciousness of those of us who were around before he started "official" assimulations. We reached a critical mass thus giving him birth. (cue Thus sprach Zarathustra) Thus he is our id manifest in the cyber CM world (scary......just look at the other manifestation.....the Cesspool/Peng thread)

smash.gif

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 09-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Jau Hofbauer, that made no sense, but well said. BTW, love your sigs.

Now Dalwhinnie, if you go back to read the thread ('Combat Mission Hit'), you'll find that you would command more respect around here if you had chosen either Talisker or Laphroaig as a handle. Well, I guess we can let you get away with this one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm actually a Lagavulin man but someone had that one. Dalwhinnie is kind of a girly man scotch but it's the only one my wife drinks and you know what happens after she's been drinkin'. smile.gif Don't answer that please.

very very wise theory jdmorse.

so the CM Borg is sort of a body corporate. Hmm yes that is a nice way to put it, I like it smile.gif

Dalwhinnie, not sure if I believe or understand what you say. Maybe you should send her over here and we will see if I can reproduce the same result using Tequila smile.gif

------------------

"Do want a game that works???" (CPT Stransky)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Dalwhinnie, not sure if I believe or understand what you say. Maybe you should send her over here and we will see if I can reproduce the same result using Tequila smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I asked for that. smile.gif I'll stick to the scotch, tequila just makes her mean. frown.gif

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

CM Borg, I can't have you running around and assimulating all my troops, and officers. your outamy amry!

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army