CMx2 ScAn CaDe question

After a campaign is broken into the seperate scenarios it gives a list and folder of the scenarios but doesn't show the beginning file with the core units. If these scenarios are edited and then recompiled as a campaign does it still carry core units forwards as it did in the original campaign? The scenarios are all named the same as in the original campaign. Or do I have to create a new core mission and reload everything back just like a new campaign.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:37 AM, dragonwynn said:

scenarios are edited and then recompiled as a campaign does it still carry core units forwards

No the core units file is not saved inside the .cam files (or no one know where it is - I actually don't know for 100% certainty).

The scenarios are all named the same as in the original campaign.

The extracted scenario names are constructed using the campaign file name, the count and the internal scenario name. So, not quite the original names.

create a new core mission and reload everything back just like a new campaign

Yes, you would have to do that. I am not aware of anyone having done that yet. Please report back if you do.

13 hours ago, A Canadian Cat - was IanL said:

No the core units file is not saved inside the .cam files (or no one know where it is - I actually don't know for 100% certainty).

I kind of interpreted that in scenario design phase the campaign start scenario file is used to save core units status. Then if ever start scenario is played again the resupply etc settings are "full" in that scecnario and playing it from start gives you fresh units.

Where is is saved during campaign I can only speculate. I did not check if .cam file save/modified dates get's changed. But this would have been my assumption.

Just trying to add some clarity:

The Core unit file for sure must be saved within the .cam file.
The problem I had when writing ScAnCaDe was that I could not really identify where the information is saved, at least not realiably.

Therefore the core unit file is not provided by ScAnCaDe, only the individual scenario files.
If someody would like to re-pack the campaign from the extracted scenarios, he/she would have to create their own core unit file.