"Out of the Dust II" final scoring thread

One other thing - wouldn't be nice if we could all meet up for a beer and endless analysis of the scenarios, tactics and games...talking into the early hours...

Ooooh, I second that thought. I'm sure it would be interesting meeting all you guys (and seeing Walker again).

My favourite map by far was Bricks and Mortar Forest...that was an absolute thriller of a game and just about every turn was so exciting. Least favourite was the "Bunker" map...

Well I must say I'm a bit humbled to actually win a tournament against such good competition :eek: smile.gif . Thank you everyone for playing and a BIG thankyou again to Sly for organising such wonderful scenarios, and running such a well organised tourney. :D

So, when is "Out of the Dust III" happening :D;)tongue.gifsmile.gif :cool:

Just to let all you guys know. I worked with Slysniper for ten years before he switched jobs a couple months ago and moved away. When I would explain to him what was going on in my games, he would laugh and snicker. And before you ask......he did not give any inside information to me on the scenarios. I wish he had. I would have probably done better than I did.

Thanks Sly for a good tournament and some great maps. I know the actual time spent on each map and you did a great job in such a time frame.

I am looking for a game to play.......anyone interested?

Sorry Crow...at this stage I can't, but if you get desperate and can't find anyone send me an email and I will see how I'm going. I am always playing against Walker, and I have a CMAK game going at the moment. Somehow I don't think my wife would appreciate me starting up a third. BUT as I said, if you get desperate, send me an email...you just never know :D

Cheers

Dinga

Originally posted by Crow Warrior:

Just to let all you guys know. I worked with Slysniper for ten years before he switched jobs a couple months ago and moved away. When I would explain to him what was going on in my games, he would laugh and snicker. And before you ask......he did not give any inside information to me on the scenarios. I wish he had. I would have probably done better than I did.

Thanks Sly for a good tournament and some great maps. I know the actual time spent on each map and you did a great job in such a time frame.

I am looking for a game to play.......anyone interested?

In the words of the late John Inman 'I'm free!

Thanks again to all the players, and especially Sly for an unimaginable amount of work in designing & organising the tournament. :cool:

I'm pretty amazed I scraped a 4th place, but maybe that's because of the weighting system, and that as a newbie (like 6 months or something) I noticed a definate improvement in my play from the 1st round to the 2nd.

Great experience - many thanks. When are we gonna do it again?.. :Dtongue.gif