Scenario, scenario editor, budget

Greetings,

I have a problem.

I have taken a scenario, here the first mission of the 5 days in summer campaign (size 3040 x 4560), I edited it in the scenario editor, added setup zones, edited new ground objectives, deleted purchased units.

Then I placed a German army for 20k on the map, saved and sent the file to my opponent, my opponent placed a Russian army for 20k on the map in the editor. This worked perfectly with quick battle maps before.

Now, however, when my opponent sends me the first turn, I can plan it, but as soon as I want to save it and send it back, the game crashes and throws me onto windows.

I tested it in a hot-seat session with another setup of units and it worked.

Does anyone have an idea or similar experiences?

The scenario, without units is attached to the post.

Thanks in advance.

M. Herm

Scenario 5 days.btt

There can be problems when unpacking scenarios from campaigns. As this is part of the Battlepack campaign I suspect there might be issues as all the content in the Battlepack is - as far as I understand - protected.

I'm assuming your opponent has the Battlepack? Why not just use the relevant 'master' map - that should avoid issues.

16 hours ago, M.Herm said:

Greetings,

I have a problem.

I have taken a scenario, here the first mission of the 5 days in summer campaign (size 3040 x 4560), I edited it in the scenario editor, added setup zones, edited new ground objectives, deleted purchased units.

Then I placed a German army for 20k on the map, saved and sent the file to my opponent, my opponent placed a Russian army for 20k on the map in the editor. This worked perfectly with quick battle maps before.

Now, however, when my opponent sends me the first turn, I can plan it, but as soon as I want to save it and send it back, the game crashes and throws me onto windows.

I tested it in a hot-seat session with another setup of units and it worked.

Does anyone have an idea or similar experiences?

The scenario, without units is attached to the post.

Thanks in advance.

M. Herm

Scenario 5 days.btt 326.09 kB · 0 downloads

It might just be too many units. I'll give it a try. What are your processor and graphics card models?

edit: ah I thought you set it to a scenario and not a QB.

I'm not sure. Whats the file size as an .ema file?

Are you willing to try again without setting move orders to most units? Adding move orders creates a lot of stress on calculations for turn 1.

Edited by Artkin

On 1/18/2024 at 2:58 PM, George MC said:

There can be problems when unpacking scenarios from campaigns. As this is part of the Battlepack campaign I suspect there might be issues as all the content in the Battlepack is - as far as I understand - protected.

I'm assuming your opponent has the Battlepack? Why not just use the relevant 'master' map - that should avoid issues.

I'm an idiot, I have not seen that these maps are also available as MMaps. Thank you for the quick help George MC.

Edited by M.Herm

On 1/19/2024 at 5:16 AM, Artkin said:

It might just be too many units. I'll give it a try. What are your processor and graphics card models?

edit: ah I thought you set it to a scenario and not a QB.

I'm not sure. Whats the file size as an .ema file?

Are you willing to try again without setting move orders to most units? Adding move orders creates a lot of stress on calculations for turn 1.

I think it is what George mentioned.

It works with the normal QB maps, I am trying it now with the Master Map.

It would not work, tried it without movements and so on.

But thank you for the effort.