Ammo sharing, medics and IC teams

I've read on the forum that several people use their IC/XO Teams as medics. I do the same ("friendly mop-up" 😉). But I'm wondering wether it's so good an idea. As a matter of fact, ammo sharing is performed only between units in the same platoon. In the IC/XO Teams case, that would mean that ammo sharing would be performed only with the HQ unit, which isn't very useful!

What is your feedback?

You can buddy aid any casualty and pick up his ammo. I don't think using IC/XO as medics is a good idea. Within the limitations of the game I rather use the team of the casualty. They are more probably nervous or even rattled so not ideal for a combat situation. First secure the area you can pop off the unit who performs buddy aid.

I usually buddy aid with those unit of the same platoon. 

Otherwise I let those buddy aid that need the extra ammo or a special weapon/equipment that has been lost. 

Buddy aid is usually not the job of a squad. (at least if there are only single woinded/dead troopers in one square)

If possible I split a scout team off, they gather the equipment and later rejoin the squad again. 

This way I have my main firepower up front without sending to many men back. 

Sometimes I let the casualties be for a while and use them once some units ran out of ammo. Much like little ammo depots. :D

Once I kept a fight running with my syrian airborne troops this way. Most forces were low on ammunition and some even depleted. 

I ran back and forth, buddy aiding with those in need to have something to fight back with. :D