A Real Head Scratcher of a Scenario

We just finished The Last Starship PBEM and we both agree that it is not only the most boring scenario in the 20 years we have been playing CM games but we don't understand why anyone would create this scenario.

The Yanks have night optics and have their entire force at the beginning while the Russians who don't have night optics come on piece meal.  The supposed surrounded Yanks could easily wipe out the entire Russian tank force including the ones arriving later in the scenario.  I played the Russians and lost 15 tanks to the Yank's two only because the Yanks were very conservative.  The two knocked out Yank tanks were the only ones I saw the entire scenario.  Most of the time Russian tanks were knocked by Yank tanks that were not even visible.

I would quess that for about 80% of my moves I did nothing.  Once I moved my tanks to reverse slopes I just sat there the entire scenario.

A complete waste of time.

If one is new to the game then figuring out how movement and spotting go is easier in a scenario like this, with fewer units and having an advantage, which was true for me when I played.

I enjoyed it because it was just tanks, and just Starships. I was always curious about how they would perform and sometimes don't mind the steel beasts just roaming by themselves. Spent a year as an M60A3 (TTS) crewman so wondered how different the A2 was.