New CMBN Map by Kandu

Bénouville et Ranville Master Map is now finished. Size: 3248 m x 2128 m. Condition: Pristine, no German or British fortifications or modifications. Fully populated with flavor objecsts. Looks best when used with all available building, wall, flavor object, foliage and terrain tile mods. German fortifications and terrain modifications will be included in subsequent scenarios. Map will be posted without deployment zones or opposing forces so that it can be used for your own Quick Battles.

Benouville&Ranville.jpg

16 hours ago, WimO said:

It has been uploaded to The Few Good Men / The Scenario Depot III.

Thanks....Downloaded ! Very nice indeed.

A very...very 😊 minor detail though...If you feel that this is something to pay any attention to....I mentioned in another thread regarding buildings and doors that one of the small barn buildings (the third one in the barn selection iirc) is showing up as having doors on two sides...atleast when using the all in one mod pack...atleast for me 😉...

This building actually only has a 'working' door on one of the sides...The other one is only for looks...This may trick some people if they are not aware of this fact....

I have spotted this barn building at a few locations on your map...Its certainly not a massive problem but i thought i would let you know...

This is the bulding i'm talking about...

CM_Normandy_2023-06-18_21-28-23-87.bmp

That door does not work...

Barn building number 4 is pretty much identical to this one but without the fake door...It might not be worth the hastle to replace something like 5 barnbuildings that probably will never play a big a part in any battle...having to release a V1.1 of the map...

I just thought i would mention it 😎...

20 minutes ago, CarlXII said:

Thanks....Downloaded ! Very nice indeed.

A very...very 😊 minor detail though...If you feel that this is something to pay any attention to....I mentioned in another thread regarding buildings and doors that one of the small barn buildings (the third one in the barn selection iirc) is showing up as having doors on two sides...atleast when using the all in one mod pack...atleast for me 😉...

This building actually only has a 'working' door on one of the sides...The other one is only for looks...This may trick some people if they are not aware of this fact....

I have spotted this barn building at a few locations on your map...Its certainly not a massive problem but i thought i would let you know...

This is the bulding i'm talking about...

CM_Normandy_2023-06-18_21-28-23-87.bmp

That door does not work...

Barn building number 4 is pretty much identical to this one but without the fake door...It might not be worth the hastle to replace something like 5 barnbuildings that probably will never play a big a part in any battle...having to release a V1.1 of the map...

I just thought i would mention it 😎...

Thank you for drawing my attention to  this. I had a look at my collection of small barn reskins and additional skins including both those of TaL and myself. The image you provided is a reskin by TaL and is the only small barn with two doors. However, the second door has been boarded up as the image clearly shows and is therefore non-functional which is what the image is meant to convey. Consequently, I do not understand the problem with this building.  Are you suggesting perhaps that the second, 'boarded up' door should be removed or perhaps that the boarding is made more irregular to make it clearer that the door has been sealed? You can also fix this in your own setup by deleting that barn from  your folder, making a copy of one of the other barns and renumbering all of its graphics to match the numbers of the one you deleted - quick fixx.

Edited by WimO

Just now I created two 'fixes' that clarify TaL's blocked up door. The first blocks it up with rough  brick and the second eliminated the door altogether. Now no more confusion.

TaL-alt.jpg

Edited by WimO

Hello...

This is not a problem for me...anymore 😎. I had a bit of a problem with this building a while back when i was testing one of my own maps...I had used this building in multiple locations thinking that the door would be functional...but when i was playtesting the map i found out that is was not...

I can certainly understand two different interpretations of this 'door'...Either that this door is a boarded up one as intended but to me it also kind of looks like a crappy old door planked together...Not an all that uncommon door on such types of buildings...Perhaps giving the false impression that this door is usable...

Slightely missleading in my opinion...As i said though...This is not a BIG problem...The 2 versions you pictured above is way more 'readable' i think...

Using barn nr 4 would also 'solve' this problem as it only has one door...

27 minutes ago, WimO said:

Just now I created two 'fixes' that clarify TaL's blocked up door. The first blocks it up with rough  brick and the second eliminated the door altogether. Now no more confusion.

TaL-alt.jpg

I like the brick fix. Is it somewhere to be downloaded? 🫠