Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Halftracks with panzerfausts

Those 'Fausts are there for infantry to grab and use. The half track won't do anything with them itself.

To use them, have an infantry element board the vehicle, and then there is a command (I want to say "Equip" and I can't check it at the mo') available to the infantry element which lets them pick up any small arms carried by the vehicle. You have to take each item separately, so there's a bit of clicking, but it's "instant" in game time if you're paused or in the Command Phase. You can't put anything back, so err on the low side if you want to save any for another team.

I usually relief those halftracks of anything like Panzerfausts or bazookas plus spare rockets. 

Maybe I need those and don't have the time to run back or the halftracks decide to catch an AP round and go puff, taking their precious load with them. :D

Is there a test somewhere around that compares standard equipped troops to troops that have extra equipment and/or ammo allocated? 

I know that a squad that gets for example a Javelin with 3 rockets and maybe some additional AT4, looses the ability to use the "fast" command and I suppose they will tire out faster (or do they?) 

The game obviously tells you when a unit has too much of the good stuff by greying out the things it can't acquire anymore. But is there a sweet spot between good mobility and well (over) equipped troops? 

Or does it matter not that much at all? 

3 hours ago, Brille said:

I know that a squad that gets for example a Javelin with 3 rockets and maybe some additional AT4, looses the ability to use the "fast" command and I suppose they will tire out faster (or do they?) 

Yes, and assign a team to be the ammo bearer always help. 

In CMBS I usually put the Inf plt HQ team as the ammo bearer. Inf squad/team take one to two Javelin missile, HQ stay behind, on their back there are additional 2-3 missiles. Besides perform their commander role, in case an Infantry team depleted their Javelin, the HQ team will rush forward share the missile with the Infantry team.