Technical Group (heavy) Formation missing for Unconventionals in Quick Battle?

From the manual and older posts about the Unconventionals, they are supposed to have access to ZU-23-2 Technicals in the Technical Group (heavy) formations, however they seem to be missing in quick battle. They still appear in the scenario editor as part of the Unconventional's TO&E, but they're missing entirely from Quick Battle, even single vehicles aren't available. 

From searching on the forums, I found this post which suggests that the ZU-23-2 Technicals and their formation seems to have disappeared some time in 2019 along with other TO&E bugs which were later resolved, but it seems like this bug was missed in the patch.

Maybe this bug has gone largely unnoticed compared to other bugs like the initial Syrian TO&E bugs because the UNCONS aren't exactly a popular pick for Quick Battles, but it would be nice for them to have access to their ZU-23-2s again, especially since they still have them in the scenario editor.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:06 AM, Artkin said:

Bugs bugs bugs!

think it's a bug, but if it is one it's weird that it has gone unnoticed for so long compared to other well known long term bugs like the Gill and the LAV TOW.

It's probably because nobody picks Uncons in quick battle very often 😆

• 1 month later...

@BFCElvis

Hello, could you help to confirm if the Technical Group (heavy) Formation for Unconventionals is intentionally excluded from Quick Battle or if it's a missing unit bug?

The Technical Group (heavy) Formation is both listed for the Unconventionals in the manual and available in the scenario editor, but it does not appear in the quick battle force selector for some reason.

I managed to dig up a forum post from 2019 discussing how the heavy technicals disappeared along with other units like the BMP-3 due to a bug, seems like the other missing units were patched back in but the Technical Group (heavy) Formation for the Unconventionals was missed.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

@BFCElvis

Sorry to ping you again, but any update on this TO&E Bug?

The Technical Group (heavy) Formation for the Unconventional is both listed in the manual and available for selection in the editor, but for some reason it does not show up in Quick Battle, so it appears to be a straightforward bug.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

7 hours ago, Traitor said:

@BFCElvis

Sorry to ping you again, but any update on this TO&E Bug?

The Technical Group (heavy) Formation for the Unconventional is both listed in the manual and available for selection in the editor, but for some reason it does not show up in Quick Battle, so it appears to be a straightforward bug.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

I've asked around and the TO&E was done so long ago I can't say for sure if it was intentional or not (it may have been dome 15 years ago!). We'll bring it up the next time that there is a patch being worked on for Shock Force 2......but there's no telling when that might be.

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I've asked around and the TO&E was done so long ago I can't say for sure if it was intentional or not (it may have been dome 15 years ago!). We'll bring it up the next time that there is a patch being worked on for Shock Force 2......but there's no telling when that might be.

Thank you Elvis for the update on the issue!