Tips for getting your computer to play Operation LINNET II

I have a Dell G15 gaming laptop that I purchased last October.  Normally, it does very well with all the Battlefront titles, but not this scenario.  About 14 turns in, the "Computing Real-Time Action" progress bar got to anywhere between 75-90% complete before crashing to the desktop.  I haven't been able to complete a turn successfully since then.  

I've tried setting the game to favor speed and performance over graphics qualities, but that has not helped.  No matter what I try, I cannot get past the 02:46:00 mark of the scenario.  I know from reading older forum posts that this scenario is very taxing on even very good gaming rigs, but does anyone have any suggestions that might work?

In my opinion the scenario is next to unplayable. You can either buy a processor that has the highest performance per single core, or:

The forces are craaazy. You can edit the scenario in the editor, maybe drop infantry formations for both sides by 20% or so as a start. I'm not sure if it will make a big difference because

****spoiler alert.....****

Theres a lot of armor.