Blocky/Blotchy Text

Just installed CMCW 1.06 on a Surface Pro 6 that I will be bringing with me on a trip so that the evisceration of my opponents may continue without interruption.  Just tested it out to confirm it loads and that I can access PBEM++ (yes to both).  But the text is 80% fine and 20% blotchy.  I believe I read of a simple fix for this a while ago, but any targetted searches I do comes up with treads from 15 to 20 years ago.

Any idea what the fix is for this?

The Surface Pro 6 utilizes Intel UHD Graphics 620 (built-into the CPU). Unfortunately Intel drivers under Windows have had a long history with the problem of 'blotchy text' in CM. Some sort of hard-coded setting, texture compression or something ends up consistently blurring the text in CM. There's no particular setting or driver version that fixes this issue to my knowledge and I don't really expect a fix at any point in the future either.