Map starts spinning or zooming all the way in when I start a scenario (map spinning bug)

robonline

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've posted but I thought that I'd ask you folks if I'm the only one who's noticed this behavior.

First, it's intermittent which is always fun when troubleshooting.

Second, it generally requires me to sign out of Win10 and back in to resolve (why?...no clue...it just seems to work)

Now on to what I intermittently observe when I start a saved game or new scenario and after the scenario loads and the map appears to begin/resume game play:

• the map starts spinning non-stop, or
  • it will zoom in max and then I can't zoom out as it just zooms back in

I searched for this behavior prior to posting this but perhaps my search phrases weren't good, dunno, but if this topic has been covered in another thread, please feel free to enlighten me.

I don't see how a saved game file could help here as sometime the same scenario or saved game which exhibited the issue works just fine after I sign out and then back in and retry it. 

Thanks,

Rob

22 minutes ago, robonline said:

the map starts spinning non-stop, or

Rob, do you have ReShade installed? This can cause screen spin, though it's usually always and not intermittent. You can try alt-e to disable screen edge navigation which might stop the spin.

As an aside, if you want to search the forums don't use the forum search engine which is slow and crappy, try using Google instead, eg:

site:community.battlefront.com spinning+screen

enter your search on your local Google page to return useful results.

Rob, do you have ReShade installed? This can cause screen spin, though it's usually always and not intermittent. You can try alt-e to disable screen edge navigation which might stop the spin.

Thanks for responding.  No, I don't have reshading installed.

I'll keep your search technique in mind for the future, thanks.

I just observed the 20x screen zoom issue and alt-e toggling had no effect

As for GPU drivers, I simply allow Nvidia to update the driver whenever it needs to. 

BTW, I have observed this issue since I stated using Combat Mission years and years ago and have observed this on completely different hardware platforms and Windows versions.

23 hours ago, robonline said:

I just observed the 20x screen zoom issue and alt-e toggling had no effect

As for GPU drivers, I simply allow Nvidia to update the driver whenever it needs to. 

BTW, I have observed this issue since I stated using Combat Mission years and years ago and have observed this on completely different hardware platforms and Windows versions.

Never sen anything like this, only the spinning screen with ReShade. Odd that it's plagued you across so many years and platforms. Have you raised a support ticket?

I'm not going to bother going down the rabbit hole of raising a support ticket given that I can't reproduce this on demand nor does a saved game file help. 

The workaround is to sign out then back in again.  It works fine after that.  I can live with that but I posted here hoping that someone might have a *better* workaround or even an actual fix.

I just realized that the common thread across platforms and OSs was the fact that I use Logitech wireless keyboard/mice via the universal transceiver dongle.

I switched back to classic wired keyboard/mouse and removed the transceiver.  I will have to see if this makes a difference.

You’re not alone Rob. I too had an instant zooming-in problem right after scenario load. It didn’t happen too often and a reboot always fixed it for me. So I never did find the source of the problem. This hasn’t happen in a long time, over a year now. So come to think of it, I switched OS from Win 7 to 10. Have not seen this in 10 yet, only in 7.
What are you running?