CMRT Mac 2.12 updater

kelpie

13 hours ago, kelpie said:

I've just downloaded the above updater but MacOS says it can't verify it and won't open the package.

Pat, I had the same issue (MacOS Big Sur) but was able to allow the package to open by approving it in the System Preferences Security & Privacy pane. Try running it again and immediately it's refused go to your System Preferences > Security & Privacy. On the first pane you should be able to allow the package to continue, you will probably need to unlock the pane and use your admin password for approval.

I don't think that BF have an Apple certificate or something like that. This was possibly the reason for the delay in release, if so then it hasn't been fully resolved ... @BFCElvis

Edited by Lucky_Strike

11 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Pat, I had the same issue (MacOS Big Sur) but was able to allow the package to open by approving it in the System Preferences Security & Privacy pane. Try running it again and immediately it's refused go to your System Preferences > Security & Privacy. On the first pane you should be able to allow the package to continue, you will probably need to unlock the pane and use your admin password for approval.

I don't think that BF have an Apple certificate or something like that. This was possibly the reason for the delay in release, if so then it hasn't been fully resolved ... @BFCElvis

Nah, this wasn't the delay. This has been happening for a some Mac people since, at least, Big Sur. Here is the workaround that I send people on the Help Desk:

1. Leave the message on screen : 

2. Go to System Preferences

3. Under "Security and Privacy" right where it has that bubble choice of App Store and approved developers there should be a button that says "Open Anyway".  Click it. Another window will pop up for confirmation of the choice. Select "Open"  (I believe the default on that one is cancel so if you just hit return everything goes away. Have to consciously select open).

4. The verification will continue.

5. After that the installation will proceed normally.

But I think that you may be able to right click on it and select Open Anyway or somefink similar,