Save During Setup problem- a bug?

I'm currently starting a scenario from The Few Good Men, Hamelin-Spear and Shield HvsH v2 via PBEM++.  The blue forces are not deployed, just clumped together leaving the blue player to deploy obsticles, mines, wire, foxholes, trenches and TRP's in addition to the blue forces.  What I've discovered is that you can't save during the setup.  If you do, then reopen the turn you saved using the save game command in the menu, all of your setup is lost and you have to start from scratch. I'm finding that very frustrating.  My recollection is that this didn't happen in earlier titles.

Is this a problem with PBEM++ or is it a bug or feature? Has anyone else noted this?

Are you patched to Cold War 1.06? The latest patch fixed a save game issue where you couldn't save over another save game. If that is the issue you have there should be some .tmp files in your Cold War save folder, these could be your missing saves... (you can rename them to .bts and recover them). If you are patched up to 1.06 then it's another issue I know nothing about sorry.

Might be specific to PBEM++, because if you open any CW scenario and work on setup, save and reopen the saved game your saved setup is still there. Unfortunately, I use a Mac so I can't check anything in regards to PBEM++. 

If you open the same scenario as a single player, check that you can save a partial setup and return. That will tell you if it's only PBEM++

I don't know that it would necessarily be a bug. It could have something to do with the way PBEM++ is implemented to prevent players from reloading and re-doing turns, but it does make it inconvenient for setup where you have a lot of work to do.

Dave