Ammo, lack of.

I run out of AA ammo in something like half an hour.

Let's see if I get this right, I have to dig deep pits surrounded by trees to place some AA guns so I can get some extra ammo; a lot of pits.

A great game indeed.

We, not the game, whoever is trying to design a scenario, have to invent a ridiculous, full of fantasy Mcguffin to to sort out problems created by the code. Also, the magic pixels through woods; the AT not looking at those 900 trees in front, together with houses, barns, folds in the terrain and bushes, but at tree number 1017, 76 degrees to its left, 1900m away; one 105 HE killing one guy 257m away, backwards, through a wood and at the same time twenty 120 HE rounds kill 3 guys out of 5, four of those rounds within 10m of them (completely possible, but when you put them together is a bad joke); one 57 round kills 3 guys (one tree), eight 75 rounds kill five guys (three trees): 1 tree = nothing, 3 trees = bunker; probably, providing in the game, some information about what covers mean in the game would be useful... apart from magic.

A very good game if you compare it to the WW2 version of The Game of the Goose.

Ya gotta remember that despite the PR, CM is not WYSIWYG.  The pixel-wide gap in dense forests that is impossible for the human eye to see is a not uncommon example.  But, when it works in your favor, then it's ok lol.

That's why CM could be called "The Game of LOS Determination".