Fortress italy DvD not working

Yesnot

SO I bought a dvd copy of a combat mission fortress italy game as you do, and it wouldn't read now at first I thought it was because I had pulled this DvD drive out of an old computer and had Jerry rigged it to my new pc, but putting in a music cd it got read with no problems, but when I try and read my combat mission disc it says "please insert disc into drive D:"
so if you have an idea of why it doesn't work tell me please, I just wanna play my game

19 minutes ago, Yesnot said:

SO I bought a dvd copy of a combat mission fortress italy game as you do, and it wouldn't read now at first I thought it was because I had pulled this DvD drive out of an old computer and had Jerry rigged it to my new pc, but putting in a music cd it got read with no problems, but when I try and read my combat mission disc it says "please insert disc into drive D:"
so if you have an idea of why it doesn't work tell me please, I just wanna play my game

If you got the key no, you could consider downloading. DVD's You could try to update the DVD driver.

What was required to 'jerry rig' your DVD optical drive to your new computer ? Was this originally an IDE drive that you have to use a converter to hook to USB or SATA ? It's possible that your DVD drive may simply have problems reading discs, with some formats possibly being easier to read than others. Can you read other DVDs ? There's no special formatting to the CMFI DVD (no bad sectors or any other physical copy protection).

If you have access to the download (and a decent speed internet connection), it may be easier to download the installer as suggested by chuckdyke. The disc is NOT needed for any sort of copy-protection and is simply the installation media.