Hostomel Airport by Ferenc Farkas

Artkin

Hi,

Ferenc Farkas posted his Hostomel map on TheFGM forums. It's a great map, I'm not sure if he has a forum account here.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/creating-hostomel-airport-scenario-in-cmbs-looking-for-collaborators.34770/

He asked for collaborators specifically for TOE, objectives and ai. I kind of forgot about that when he released the map a few months later.

It came without hangars so I immediately added my own I got carried away pretty quickly. Farkas added very!!! accurate deployment zones with troops, but I put my own in, keeping the rest for v001. I made a small scenario representing wave 1 but it's only set up for h2h, and is completely unbalanced and untested for v001.

I will continue working on this (Whether it stays a spin-off or not) and post updates to this dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lakjugwbzdyidqv/AACG-ZtwuALwFVaHzhBtSyTQa?dl=0

Artkin - Thank you for posting the Hostomel airport map. The map is getting pretty close to serviceable with your additions of the hangars. The scenario itself is still a work in progress. I welcome anyone's help in establishing which units were actually involved, on both sides. The map is a combination of dense cover with buildings and trees, and open terrain - the airfield. The RF forces came from the north and eventually defeated UA units defending the airport, then proceeded to Bucha. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ferenc Farkas said:

Artkin - Thank you for posting the Hostomel airport map. The map is getting pretty close to serviceable with your additions of the hangars. The scenario itself is still a work in progress. I welcome anyone's help in establishing which units were actually involved, on both sides. The map is a combination of dense cover with buildings and trees, and open terrain - the airfield. The RF forces came from the north and eventually defeated UA units defending the airport, then proceeded to Bucha. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hello. I am delighted with the work you have done. 
I would like to make my contribution to the development of the project. 
The chronology of events looked something like this:
In the morning, a rocket attack was carried out on Gostomel.
At 10 o'clock, Russian attack helicopters appeared in the sky and a three-hour battle was brought to suppress Ukrainian positions.                                    

At 12 or 13 o'clock, the landing of troops (200-300 people) at Antonov Airport began.
At 14-30 or 15 o'clock, the forces defending the airfield (a company-tactical group of 4th brigade) withdrew and it was captured by paratroopers.
At the same time, the main forces fought heavy battles in the vicinity of Gostomel.                            

Ukrainian artillery and tanks began shelling the airport. After this preparation, the soldiers of the 4th brigade and the special forces of the 3rd Regiment knocked out the first wave of paratroopers and regained control of the airfield. The paratroopers lost up to 50% of their personnel and were thrown back.            

The next day, the paratroopers, having received reinforcements, regained control of the airport.

Units involved in this battle:
RU:
45th separate Guards brigade of special purpose (first wave landing).
Perhaps the landing of the first wave also included the SOF.                                                    

31st Separate Guards airborne assault brigade (most likely as part of an armored group that fought in the vicinity of Gostomel).                                  

141st special motorized Regiment (Guards from Chechnya grew up, who also tried to break through to the paratroopers).                                         

The Aerospace Forces (VKS) (Mi-24, Мi-35, Мi-8, Ka-52, Sy-25).         
Ukraine:                                                

4th Operational Brigade of the National Guard(T-64 tanks, BTR-3/4 + artillery).                            

3rd Separate Special Purpose Regiment.                  

114th Separate Territorial Defense Brigade (most likely several of its battalions operated in the Gostomel area holding back the main forces).                          

Units of 95th separate air assault brigade (fought in the Gostomel area).                                    

The Air Force of Ukraine  (Sy-24M and Mi-24P).

I hope it will be helpful.

This is crazy cuz I've been working on a Campaign centered around Hostomel and Antonov Airport completely independently of this project and was planning to post it all this week. I've got the OOB for the Russians and Ukranians if you guys still need help.

Edit: I just read the extensive OOB Chelentano posted and that's essentially what I had.

Edited by TheFriendlyFelon
Additional info

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Art_House said:

hello author!

can you please post your creation on other cloud storage? I'll be very thankful!

If @Ferenc Farkas has an updated version it would maybe be better for him to post it. I can always post the version I had made (Based off Farkas' original map). 

Additionally @TheFriendlyFelon has a nearly completed and larger version which he is overdue to share. ;)