Re-Installing Combat Mission after 10 year

Hi all,

After a more than 10 year absence, I was hoping to re-install many of my Combat Mission titles. Back then, I'd order the games and get the DVDs, packaging etc. Unfortunately, that was a long time ago and many PCs ago. I still have all the disks and manuals etc but can't activate. I have no idea what my username or password was either. Is there a solution short of buying the titles again which would be an expensive exercise.

Regards,

Rob

If you're running Windows 10 and your CM games are version 1.x, then you will likely get an error attempting to activate the game(s). You'll need at least the 2.0 Upgrade to activate any of the games under Windows 10 (though, just the latest version of CMSF1 and CM Afghanistan should work since they use a different copy-protection system).

To upgrade to the latest version you can buy some of the 'upgrade bundles' such as this one for CMBN (3.0 and 4.0 Upgrades):

https://www.battlefront.com/cmbn-upgrades/cmbn-upgrade-3-4-bundle/

There are upgrade bundles for other titles such as CMFI, etc.

When it comes to installing the games and you've purchased the upgrades, then just use the 'upgrade installer', which is actually an all-in-one installer that will have all of the content and patches. Nothing else will need to be installed (I'm not absolutely certain of the latest patch, but it usually should have that too).

Thank you for your help with this. I purchased the upgrade for CMBN and upgraded to version 4 then activated with the new serial number. 

The only issue I have now is that Market Garden and Commonwealth Forces are still ghosted in game. When I run the Activate Modules program, it suggests that only CMBN gets activated. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

If you have the license keys for both Market Garden and the Commonwealth Forces modules, then the 'Activate Modules' shortcut should be used and apply those license keys. With a successful activation the next screen shows, in green boxes, what has been successfully activated so far on this computer. If you get an error with your license keys, make sure that there is no 'white space' at then end or beginning of the license key (usually if you 'cut-and-paste' them). If you're certain you are entering them correctly, then you may want to contact the Helpdesk and provide your license keys and the error that you may be getting. If you've run out of activations they can be added to the license keys.

Unfortunately, that's a needle in a haystack. I have pulled disks out of old computers and found very little. I would have the details in a txt file somewhere but these were purchased a decade ago.

I've had to create a new account just to log back in to Battlefront. All I can provide is my name and address where everything would have been sent.

Contact the Helpdesk (click on the blue '+ new ticket' button in the upper right) and they MAY be able to help you. Depending on how you purchased your CM games, the license keys may be printed on a sticker attached to the printed manual or often the disc case. If your purchase was a 'pre-release' that had both a download and a physical copy or a 'download only', then your license key would be stored in your Battlefront Store account. If you've changed email accounts and no longer have access, then if you can provide that account and other identifying info, it may be possible for the Helpdesk to change the account to something you can currently access.