New Review

*Trying to control raging CM fanaticism*

7 out of 10 seems a little low, considering the text of the review was very positive. Their only gripe seems to be the graphics (and they're not very critical) and the lack of TCP/IP.

They finish the piece with this:

"A big drawback, however, is that there isn't a live multiplayer option. The game supports play by email, and Battlefront.com claims that a TCP/IP update is in the works, but for now Combat Missioners will have to be satisfied playing their motherboard."

Playing the motherboard? What about the email support you mentioned earlier IN THE SAME SENTENCE?? TCP/IP will be cool, but in a turn-based game how important is "live multiplayer?"

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

I think that this review is actually an older one, and has been roundly criticized by folk on this board.

Put it in perspective - CM's received an absolute ton of glowing reviews. One mediocre one isn't going to spoil the party.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Ok, it's been found and criticised before.

basically here's all you need to know.

1. Reviewer criticises CM for poor graphics.

2. Reviewer admits playing CM on a Pentium I 166 ( A pentium ONE for f**k's sake) with a 4 MB graphics card.

Of COURSE he thinks the graphics look ****. He's virtually playing it in software mode on the oldest computer CM can possibly be played on.

THEN he has the temerity to complain the graphics aren't so hot?

Gees, if he played Unreal Tournament the graphics'd suck too but it's not UT's fault. It is his fault for not upgrading during the past decade.

*sigh*

I, and others, emailed the editor and he very kindly came on the board to explain his rationale. He also kindly responded to my email. For that I applaud him.

He's WRONG of course biggrin.gif Witness the PILE of awards you see every time you come to this board. That review is the exception that proves the rule. And the rule is that CM is one of the most honored and well received games ever.

Joe