Valkyrie's Russian & Ukraine Soldiers: my personal merging of infantry mod from Oleksandr's work, Blimey's work, Billy_sp's work, and Kieme's work.

A little bit of confusion currently. As I starts working on this mod not long after the current full scale war breaks out. I'm planning to gives standard uniform (as Ukraine army unit) yellow armbands mixed with green armbands (which starts to appear around April and May. And other formations (digital, national guards, TDF and some other formations) blue armbands mixed with green armbands. 

However, after research; I'm not very clear about is there a regulation between the unit for colour choice in the Ukraine side. A lot of online discussion claim the yellow is used by Ukraine Volunteer fighters and blue for the regular troop. However I can not identify this as I also saw many usage of yellow tape for the regular army unit in the beginning of the war. As current time goes (early May, 2022); I mostly see blue tapes in the front and green tapes. But there are still photos of yellow tape here and there but I'm not sure about the date.

For the Russian it is easier since they mostly using the white while some LPR or DPR troop wearing Reds armband (although some Russian unit also wear them). And some elite formation have silver tape together with St.George ribbons. 

If there is no correction to be made, I will continue this plan.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 10:22 PM, Valkyrie Yukikaze said:

Working on tape for Ukrainian helmet. Won't be the most fitting and idle one; but it will works. 

2.jpg

How did you manage to do the tape around the helmet? I've been struggling with that myself and didn't manage to do it so even. 

16 hours ago, Weezkee said:

...tape around the helmet? I've been struggling with that myself and didn't manage to do it so even. 

ductapefashion.jpg

This is the (suboptimal) result of my efforts I made for my personal mod-collection. I have attached the png file for the helmet tape.

helmet_ukiducttape_yellow.png

Edited by sawomi

On 6/8/2022 at 10:30 AM, Erwin said:

Looks extremely good.  Is it possible to make it a little less perfect - ie more ragged due to wear, and dirty?

I'm still not sure I'm using the most efficient way for editing textures for applying things like dirt and others. Although base on videos that is taken in the frontline, I think most soldier looks rather "clean". 

• 2 weeks later...